Season 2018 - Essendon

David Hille was the volleyballer

I’m getting close with my cloning procedure, just need to iron out the bug that makes my clones look like sheep

1 Like

ewe have work to do

5 Likes

You both have Begley in. 6 disposals against Cats

I don’t get the Begley love. One for the future maybe but gee wiz he doesn’t do a whole lot

Looking at our list and who’s available I guess he gets in by default

Yep, I’m happy to go into round 1 with that side.

The backline might be seen as a bit short, but if our midfield brings the pressure the ball will be coming in high. I would back Ambrose and Hurley in one on ones under a high ball against Walker and Jenkins.

The one who worries me most is Betts.

He played state level volleyball too.

1 Like

Walker won’t play round 1.

Clearly Green is far from being a cult hero. Many want him cut from the best 22. Are they basing it on JlT2.surely not, because he was better than many inl. Saad, mckenna, hurley, daniher and begley.

Agree with make up side and sentiments on Dea/Brown, although I’d probably lean towards Brown simply on the height factor for Jenkins.

And also be starting Stringer in guts and Smith as the HFF. As we won’t play our 3 talls & Stringer fwd as same time.

Has that been announced or just rumoured?

Rumour

These pharma companies have been pulling the wool over our eyes for far to long

Wasn’t he Goalkeeper?

Mid-season leaders
Callum Twomey, AFL Media June 13, 2018 4:00 PM

Devon Smith has been outstanding in his first season for the Bombers.

AFL Media’s Callum Twomey has looked through our season to date and picked his leaders at the club in a number of categories. Who is leading the way?

Best and fairest

1. Devon Smith
  2. David Zaharakis
  3. Dyson Heppell
  4. Tom Bellchambers
  5. Jake Stringer

Best 21 and under – Andrew McGrath

Recruit of the year – Devon Smith

Most improved – Kyle Langford

Most courageous – Devon Smith

Best team player – Zach Merrett

Goal of the year – Jake Stringer, round four v Port Adelaide, Etihad Stadium. The Essendon recruit sealed his team’s win over the Power with a brilliant bouncing effort from the boundary line.

Mark of the year – Matt Guelfi, round 11 v Richmond, MCG. Guelfi flew high from side-on to take a clean grab that saw it named the mark of the round.

Game milestones – Dyson Heppell (150 games), round 22; Zach Merrett (100 games), round 20.

It’s insane that Zach’s only played 50 less gsmes than Dyson

2 Likes

Caught up 22 games in 2016

1 Like

that last one hurts

Essendon
Beware of 'Walla’
Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti has applied 10 rundown tackles this season – the most of any player in the competition.

Missing Joe?
Even without star forward Joe Daniher for most of the season, Essendon has taken a mark from 21 per cent of kicks into the forward 50 this season, which is the highest percentage of any side.

No goal gimmes
The Bombers have won just 34 free kicks inside their forward 50 this season. This is the fewest of any side and six fewer than the next lowest team. - Callum Twomey

4 Likes

^Should post it in the "Blatant Maggot Cheating’ thread

I saw this yesterday. Would really like to know why. I’m not a big fan of the “all the maggots are against us” conspiracy. Having said that this stat certainly gives credence to such a view.
Is it the relatively new forward line? Is it the way the ball is delivered? Is the tactics we deploy?