Season 2018 - Hawthorn

It’s ok, they’ve got Impey now. I still don’t understand why they gave up ad much as they did for him. Admittedly, I haven’t seen much of Impey, but apart from the odd highlight he seems to do very little.

The desperately need Rioli to play a lot to help their speed…but has he even started training yet? Hasn’t he been at home for most of the pre-season for some reason? Family reasons?

They’ve got a handful of 2-4 year players who showed glimpses as well eg Burton (the obvious one), Hardwick but yeah, they would all need to come on quickly and they can’t afford for Roughy, Rioli etc to miss big stretches

Have to agree. For a bloke who has played 75 games, I’ve never once thought to myself when I’ve seen him play: “Yeah, he looks alright.”

Just a bloke who is apparently fast but doesn’t look it whenever I watch him.

Clarko pumping up Sicilys tyres. “Sicily is a very special player,” Clarkson told AFL.com.au. “His ability to read the ball off the boot in play either as a forward or back is as good as some of the best players I have seen in terms of aerial ability in the last 10 to 15 years.”
I suspect this expectation is not going to help Sicily control his errant behaviours on field. Overinflated tyres have a tendency to blow up.

And one of the most punchable heads we’ve seen in the last 20 years.

Sicily is the millennials version of Brereton

Don’t see the hype about them. They have missed the finals and been absent from the draft for 2 years. You need to get young talent into the door, and I think they are still, if not close to, the oldest list in the AFL. Demographics say they’ll be around the middle part of the ladder. The reason why so many have refused to completely write them off is Clarkson. 12th.

If he played for us I would LOVE him.

1 Like

I can see big boi doing something similar.

1 Like

I reckon the most punchable head I’ve seen was a ruckman at Melbourne - O’Dwyer.

I think of Orazio when I see that gif

He’s quick, he’s just not very good.

Fair enough.

Admittedly, I don’t watch Port very often.

Try to avoid it at all costs if I’m honest.

We play them round 7 (May 5). So both would be out.

2 Likes

how are these arseholes good again. makes me sick.

2 Likes

Getting impossible to deny Clarkson’s coaching genius

4 Likes

It has never really been in doubt except by Kennett

1 Like

I reckon it was in doubt for a brief period late 2009 early 2010 after they missed finals then started badly the next season. But from about 6 rounds into that season there has been no doubt

Was definitely a school of thought he was a good coach who became a great one on the back of good drafting.