Season 2019 - Collingwood

Surely a significant gambling problem or loss of family members could trigger depression or other mental illness?

I dont really think the Buckley thing was a deliberate distraction re Beams despite the timing and it being Buckleys first gaff since becoming an anti figjam Zen master.

I do think the AFL would do a backroom a punishment / penalty and treat the public as mushrooms though.

of course it could and probably would.

there is a difference between being depressed for a specific and justified/logical reason ( as you say it’s as an example, a death of a close person to you will always put you in a depressed state), and being depressed in general.
but it’s a reason based depression, if that makes sense.

not to say one or the other is worse, it’s just different.

100%.
Being depressed is being in an emotional state.
Having depression is more akin to having cancer or other chronic and (potentially) lifelong illnesses.
We’re slowly getting better as a society of understanding the differences, but there are definitely Neanderthals out there that will see something like what Beams posted and immediately come up with garbage like “so what, people get sad all the time”.

8 Likes

A gambling problem is usually a symptom of something else, just as any addiction is.

1 Like

What’s this ‘scathing attack on Treloar’ from GWS CEO?

Whether you believe the underlying issue or not, that is a very classy message. Well said.

1 Like

Dave Matthews just said they haven’t missed him. Not that scathing. But that doesn’t get the clicks.

1 Like

$50-60k in one night as the rumour goes. Bloke’s in a bad way and unless there’s holistic change in his life and himself as a person he’ll never be anything else.

Herald Sun: Mick McGuane gets stuck into the Pies. Probably hopes his critique will get them to extract the digit.

Awww diddums.

1 Like

It’s not within the realms of impossibility that we finish on top of Collingwood. They could easily lose their next two. We could win our next two and narrow the gap. Big “coulds” I know.

1 Like

I think they’ll lose their next 3. West Coast will certainly beat them again, then they face GWS away and then Tigers who are in better form. Collingwood is nowhere near it at the moment, playing absolutely terribly compared to that hard run
and spread team that was so strong last year. Wouldn’t surprise me if they did a Port Adelaide from last year and seriously fell right off only to scrape into the 8. It’s pretty glorious.

Collingwoods in jeopardy
Baby
Oooooohohoho

2 Likes

The melts on Nick’s Board are glorious…
http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=86098&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

These few posts are virtually 1 after the other :rofl:

3 Likes

As bad as Blitzers having a meltdown after a bad loss. Substitute Bucks with Woosha…

6 Likes

Half hope we lose so I can call out a “putrid dog vomit performance”. Love it.

3 Likes

Not sure where Bucks goes from here He knew the warning signs after the Dogs win, then they stink it up against North. He calls them out publicly, you expect a fierce response and they serve up that. A cooked Hawthorn outplayed them all night and probably should’ve won by more. He tried to rev them up and they didn’t respond.

More to the Stephenson thing than publicized? A player split contributing to rubbish performances…

I wonder how many more players have issues? and if they do, how many more coming out will it be before the AFL decides that it is too hard to protect them and cuts them free.