Season 2019 - Fark Carlton

Shame we don’t approach Vossy.

AFL clubs are a sham.

I cannot fathom how two clubs have basically ignored an entire selection process due to (not even) half a season’s results.

What? Were they worried someone was going to snap Teague up if they didn’t sign him up straight away?

Farking Maccas makes candidates jump more hoops than these jokers.

5 Likes

Yep, I agree 100%

Imagine the outcry from SWSNBN if we appointed a coach in this manner…

1 Like

It’s certainly hard to see why you wouldn’t wait 2 weeks.

Chris Judd can go f**k himself.

4 Likes

Their first preference was Voss with Roos as director of football/senior assistant. Voss was across the line but one of Roos’ conditions was that Silvagni get replaced with Scott Clayton. Loguiduce refused to do this and so Teague gets the job.

1 Like

That’s quite an amazing revelation there

I’d think that the groundswell of support for Teague from players & fans in the end probably pushed him in front of Voss also though

I thought it had already been announced earlier in the year that Silvagni was stepping down at the end of the year?

Following Bolton’s sacking it was reported (a “my sources claim” story) that it was likely he would leave of his own accord at the end of the year. Nothing has been confirmed by the club or sos though.

1 Like

The Roos waited until Shaw lost 3 in a row before deciding that -yes, that’s the kind of coach they want.
And now the Blues appoint a coach because he’s liked by the players?

Neither appointment seems to follow any recipe for success…so three cheers to both these bottom-end clubs.

1 Like

Carlton have lost 2 in a row. Getting in quicker than North!

3 Likes

Haha - classic!

we’ve lost two in a row…

Too late. Teague signed yesterday.

2 Likes

Why would anyone want Clayton?

Sensible move by the CFC Board.

Teague was probably just as a good as any other potential candidate. But this way if it all ends in tears then the Board can say “Well we just listened to all you members, past players, coteries and experts in the media. We did what you wanted. Don’t blame us”

3 Likes

Ah remember when Knights was chosen because of the groundswell of support from the VFL players.

I would have given him a 12 month contract with a trigger for a second. 3 years is a bit much.

Theyll still go after them if it goes pear shaped. “The board should have been stronger in their approach” “They took the easiest option” etc. its not like the media have a moral standing on this sort of thing. theyll savage them at the first chance they get

1 Like

I hope their supporters just let the board know one thing - Fark Carlton.

3 Likes