Season 2019 - Fremantle - LOL Ross Lyon

To hang on to the players who are saying ‘■■■■ Ross, I’m out of here’ now that finals are mathematically impossible for them.

3 Likes

for the comp or just Fremantle?

You mean the Swans team which had Lyon as an assistant coach who reportedly designed their game plan

4 Likes

Jumped or pushed - he’s free.

1 Like

Good point, that’s why they pay you the big bucks.

He didn’t respect football. He made it dour and ugly and karma prevented him achieving the ultimate.

Oh mighty god of football
Boring coaches you kill best
Its time that Lyon the sour ■■■■■■■
Gets drop punted from the west.

Yes it’s my day off.

3 Likes

I bet Mark Harvey has a sly little grin right about now.

17 Likes

Lol.

That was a throwback, I had to go check.
All-time VFL/AFL.
A freo one would be a little lame.

It’s a little immature and early-internety, but I did enjoy those sort of discussions.

100 or less
D Rioli
A Davey
J Coleman
A Jackovich
M Egan
G McAdam
thats a forwardline

Jurrah & Wonaemerri
Scotty chisolm?

1 Like

So people are saying no to a guy that took stkilda to consecutive grandfinals (one bounce of the ball away from winning) and then fremantle to a grandfinal, as well as supposedly the mastermind behind a dominant team that played in and won multiple grand finals?

Because the game plan is ugly?

Because our beautiful game plan over the same period has proven to be so very successful?

I would say no to him on the grounds of sex assault/harassment claims, but not because of his “ugly” successful game plan.

1 Like

It’s part of a universal effort to try completely ■■■■ over Port Adelaide. For Freo to go to this length is just evidence of their commitment to the cause.

1 Like

Would happily kick 2 goals a game if it meant we consistently won. Lyon’s record speaks for itself.

4 Likes

In football terms the key question is could he get our playing group to but in our would they revolt? I’m not sure what the answer is

Malthouse had a similar record and style.

Do you want him?

That’s very true actually, good point.

Still that adds to how successful his style has been. He’s game plan has seen 6 HF’s:

Won a GF by 4 points
Lost a GF by a point
Lost a GF by 12 (with a goal after the siren)
Drew a GF then lost the replay by 56
Lost by 15

If not for a Scarlett toe poke, a cruel bounce to Milne and inaccuracy v Hawthorn he could’ve had 2-3 flags as head coach.
I’m not saying I’d want him specifically as our coach, but damn I want someone who has his skill in getting the most out of the soldiers on the list. We’d be so well placed thanks to the top end talent we have.

2 Likes

Bosustow, Moss.
One that a lot wouldn’t think of but I think Wayne Primmer would deserve at least a bench spot.

Fremantle had some pretty high scoring wins this year IIRC

He’s changed his style

Just that injuries curtailed his fwds and running HBF’rs and scoring been affected

1 Like

They sacked the CEO as well? Quite the cleanout over there. I suspect lofty predictions of in-field form were confidently made at the start of the season, and were not lived up to…

Can someone insert a gif of Homer dancing in celebration? That’s me, minus the morbid obesity.

1 Like

Homer was a poet, not a dancer.

2 Likes