Yes, they did…

• Ordinary Saints by 54
  • Injury ravaged Pies by 28
  • Cats, 3
  • Ordinary Suns, 74
  • Dons, 8
  • Dogs, 3
  • Ordinary Hawks, 31

My point is their form during that time was “ordinary” and they were a fair way off being contenders by the time Collingwood had their way with them.

1 Like

There’s that easy draw for them, of course.
Playing so many sides they’re better than.
Rigged.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t mind an easy kill to open the season against Carlton every year!

(Yes I know, I know)

Tigers Best 22

B: Astbury, Rance, Houli
HB: Vlastuin, Grimes, Broad
C: Edwards, Cotchin, Lambert
HF: Rioli, Lynch, Castagna
F: Higgins, Riewoldt, Caddy
R: Nankervis, Martin, Prestia
INT: Grigg, , Graham, Short, Butler

EMG: B Ellis, McIntosh, Menadue

They have shown they are beatable, but have something to prove this year.
Can Lynch stay on the park?

Prediction: Top 4
Will be there abouts again in September.
If Rance or Martin are out for the whole season then they would drop to the lower regions of the 8. If Nankervis gets injured it could be a big blow as well.

Would love to finally beat them at Dreamtime this year

It’s been a while hasn’t it surely we are due.

1 Like
  1. Way way too long.

Haven’t beaten them at all in fact since that one

So that’s 3rd, 4th and 8th?

Let’s not forget Caddy, Prestia and Edwards: they’re all guns. I reckon it won’t be long until Rioli joins them.

Top 2 for me.

When is Essendon going to draft their own Rioli?

Anyone who doesn’t recognize Shane Edwards is a gun is intentionally not looking. He is an absolute prime mover for them - I rate him higher than Cotchin - is just a more damaging player.

2 Likes

N Balme.

Top 2

I would argue he’s that next step down.

If you’re sitting at half forward and only getting 8 kicks a game you want to be a very, very good kick to be ranked a gun.

And he’s not.

Very very good player nonetheless.

I’m perfectly happy to rank Cotchin ahead of him even tho Cotchin had a pretty poxy season by his standards.

1 Like

This is revisionist thinking at its finest!

If you really thought this then provide your receipt from your bet on Coll to win that game. Would have paid a mint given that the Tigs were overwhelming favourites.

That prelim performance came out of nowhere. It wasn’t so much that they lost,but the manner in which they were defeated

They got absolutely bushwhacked.

I don’t base this on much, more a hunch, but I don’t think they’ll win the Flag.
That aura of invincibility was eroded massively on that fateful Prelim Final night.
Teams will be gunning for them now (not just Coll).
Some players may be entering early stages of decline.

I even think we can get them at Dreamtime, provided we can find some answers for Caddy and Edwards.

I HATE Trout with a passion, so I HAVE to be right !

There’s a bloke called Martin who it might also be good to take a look at

1 Like

They will still be up the top. And can still win the comp, However i think with the players that have left, they are a weaker side than previously. Lynch is a monster though