Season 2019 - Richmond

Disagree, it was very much that they lost. Pies came out with a plan, to out harass the Tiges, give them some of the same pressure they had built their game plan on, and it worked a treat. Tigers also lacked a tall defender to spoil Cox. He led well, and the midfield gave him great supply, as the injury to Dusty robbed the Tiges of drive out of the centre. Rance was caught out a number of times, trying to cover two players at once. Buckley had done his homework and the Pies executed their game plan very well.

At what point does it stop being luck and become good management though?
Were Adelaide just unlucky with all their hamstring injuries last year or did they just ■■■■ it up?

1 Like

Cmon mate they won 7 in a row, when was the last time we went close to that?
That’s not a sign of an “ordinary” side.

Not revisionist thinking, more the advantage of hindsight

Yes, facts are indisputable, 7 in a row is impressive no doubt BUT problem for the would be grand finalists was their declining form highlighted by their listless performance against a Collingwood side they beat twice in season. Not sure the swarming, high pressure, hack the ball forward at every opportunity is a sustainable game plan 3 years running.

2 Likes

I just farked up Daryle

1 Like

Got done by the Pies due to their lack of KP depth.

I’m not sure where the disagreement is

1 Like

Without Truck Rutten they are nothing

9th

2 Likes

A very good team. A good mix of stars, honest toilers and the odd plodder who all play their role for the team.

Pioneers of the pressure game.

Will be top 4 again.

Unfortunately.

Mark Stevens just said on channel 7 that a Richmond player hurt his knee during training and they’re now hoping he’ll be okay for round 1.

Didn’t catch the name (closed captioning at the gym). Anyone else hear it?

Gee, that’s pretty harsh. He mustn’t be very well liked.

4 Likes

Grigg.

Bwahaha oops! Meant to type “now”.

1 Like

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/richmond-removes-cardinal-george-pell-as-club-vice-patron-following-child-sex-crime-conviction/news-story/
Have just shared it with my Richmond friends who are still holding some resentment over the saga.

4 Likes

I’m all for sticking it to Richmond, but don’t use the horrible traumatic abuse that the victims of these heinous crimes suffered to do so.

This whole sad affair has nothing to do with RFC.

3 Likes

Except they had Pell as a vice-patron of the club. By choosing to announce today very publicly that he was no longer fit for this role they made it about themselves. I doubt anyone other than a hardcore fan would have known they even had a vice-patron.

So they should have not announced it and let people criticise them for having him associated with the club?

This goes so far beyond inter club rivalries, that it really shouldn’t have to be pointed out. Anyone using this matter for petty points scoring makes light of the very real trauma that people have had to deal with. People have actually died as a result of these horrifying crimes and yet others want to make it about something entirely irrelevant

2 Likes

What? They would have been grilled by the media about it straight away. They handled this as good as anyone could given the circumstances

FARK pell and FARK Richmond

4 Likes