Season 2019 - Richmond

Stick to posting sober

Agree with what you’re saying about the issue. I just think they could have handled it better to avoid exactly what we’re discussing here.

My suggestion would have been to have removed him from the role a lot earlier or not announce it so publicly, ie not via social media. A small press release upon any media enquiry would have more than sufficed.

Suspected ACL for Rance. Probably still done enough to make All Australian

14 Likes

By round 23 he’ll still only have lost 2 one on ones. It’s a no brainer.

2 Likes

Unfortunate for the bloke. Having the ball hit him in the face he was probably stunned. That might have contributed to it. Players jump for spoils and marks thousands of times and manage to land OK, but you actually have to consciously prepare your body to land correctly. fwiw.

2 Likes

Yeah, never been a fan of the bloke - but that’s mainly based on his outstanding football ability. Never like to see that, hope he recovers well and is back in 2020. ’

Going to make things a lot harder now for the Tigers though I reckon.

2 Likes

never a good time to lose a player for a season, but round 1 means they have plenty of time to work out how to restructure down back

I was given tickets to go to the match. Its certainly a very different experience going to the footy when you dont give a rats who wins.

If I were Dimma there is one player I would take aside and read the riot act to. Riewoldt. He stages, he makes unrealistic attempts to take speccies far too often. His performance last night was poor. Also after the first quarter, Lynch faded badly and even seemed to lose touch. Wtf he seemed to be frightened of potential contact and was dropping easy marks. Forwards have to take that and absorb it.

1 Like

Maybe he got freaked out playing in front of an actual crowd.

8 Likes

Some of the comments on Twitter regarding Rance have been disgusting.

I cant stand him as a player due to his constant diving (yes yes, I know we had Lloyd) and media love but would never wish he did a knee injury like that.

9 Likes

Dusty looked rusty

Walsh outscored him in AFL Fantasy.
Did he have one really good year.
or has the comp worked him out?
Or does he have better support at the tigers in midfield and they arent gonna run him into the ground.

Cannot be serious.

2 Likes

This is the start of how it all ends
They used to shout their name, now they whisper it
Tigers slowing down as the
Black 'n yellow flicker beat fails to spark and falls apart.

Rance out for the year…………………………………………….

1 Like

It would seem to make them a bit more vulnerable.

Sure pundits have little to go on except form from last year. But the concept that some teams in the 8 in the previous year can actually drop out seems like its a difficult concept for them to grasp.

It’s been a while since he’s played real footy, though.

Looks like his foot landed on someone else’s.
I’ve watched the reply a few times and prior to a couple of tell tale signs he’d done the ACL it almost looked like an ankle eversion injury (similar to Charlie Dixon last year).
Gotta hand it to Rance’s reflexes though, got falconed and managed to rotate about halfway round to where the ball was going before any part of him had touched the ground. If the same thing had happened to me I would’ve landed facing the same way and wondered wtf was going on for a few seconds lol.

1 Like

Bruce seen having coffeee with Cyril this morning a bit teary mumbling something like “please reconsider your retirement plans I need someone to fap over while trying to commentate” :wink::wink:

Dear Bruce, Have we got some player suggestions for you!!!. Cheers Blitz.