Season 2019 - Western Bulldogs

Will probably turn up as partner in charge of sweeping the floors at a legal company for $1M a year for the next 2 years

1 Like

Extremely brave of Tom to do this, enormous kudos to him for putting his health first and realizing there is a big world out there for him to explore outside of football.

Hopefully things get better for him, and he finds what makes him happy.

6 Likes

Given Grigg retiring yesterday too, I’d guess some players are at least being given deadlines to make these decisions.

2 Likes

They did pay a lot - but considering he played his best game to win them a flag I’m not sure the Bulldogs are complaining too much.

Boyd should have won the Norm Smith. He was super that game.

2 Likes

Was Buddy fit in that GF ?, He was treacle slow and could not even stand up in the tackle and that was 2016. No way he should have pushed up into the Dogs forward line gassed like that.

1 Like

I wish we would pay someone $4m to win us a flag

2 Likes

That’s so stupidly arbitrary. Even for the AFL.

The bulldogs can GAGF i think its great

Played about 90 minutes of good footy for 6 mil
LOL

You can thank hawthorn for this one. When they brought in Vickery (lol), they bumped the contract up ($1m total over 2 years instead of 3 from memory), so that the compensation pick would be high enough for richmond not to match.

Then there was scuttlebutt that they were going to extend it back out to three years with no change in total pay, basically sidestepping the way compensation picks were calculated, and the AFL said the contract they used to force him through restricted free agency would be the contract their salary cap would be held to.

Then they reiterated it when he “retired” after only one year (again lol).

1 Like

I still have fond memories of his falcon.

Could do it all.

4 Likes

Mal Michael says hello!

Hurt his ankle in the first couple of minutes I think

Won them a premiership. So it’s worth it.

If we have a player that has 3 outstanding games that wins us premiership… I’d be ok with us paying 6 mill, just as long as that premiership is delivered to us.

4 Likes

Btw isnt Boyd like 24 years old?

23 actually

This retirement comes with a tinge of sadness I’d say. This guy had a fair weight on his shoulders he feels he has now lifted.

2 Likes

Noble act, giving up millions to retire for his club. Copped alot of sh*t for little reason and still a baby in terms of a KPP. Hopefully he can find happiness outside of football.

7 Likes

He’s a big unit so he’d be well equipped physically to sweep whatever Gil needed under the mat @ AFL house

Worth it though.

Came in under a cloud as well.
Buddy had a fair dinkum crack at least. Couldn’t say the same for Tippett.