Season 2019 - Western Bulldogs

Well, that worked out well, … .

Salary cap now open, I expect to see them make a move on someone big.

Interesting timing too considering Mid Season Daft is approaching, did it allow him to step aside knowing they could replace his spot or was he ‘encouraged’ to make his decision before midseason?

Wowee.

6M contract.

1.5 good games.

2 Likes

Boydy.

Hard to say that it didn’t …

13 Likes

this is what ■■■■■ me about what i believe was the afl covering up buddys extra curricular activies under the guise as “mental health”.

what do mitch clarke and now tom boyd and even to a lesser exent stevens from st kilda have in common with how franklins “mental health” issues have evolved.

on the surface which we can all only judge by, he has not had 1 re occurance of his “mental health” issues, and as many commentators said the next 2 years, he was “almost back to his career best form” and won the coleman the year after all this.

Again if he legit got his mental health right, good on him and he and his doctors or anyone who helped him should market the approach they took, because it’s a ■■■■■■■ miracle cure to fixing such an awefully crippling disease.

Should’ve won the Norm Smith

11 Likes

WSPHU

Wish we had a player who was a premiership winning player for Essendon who’d only played 1.5 decent games.

We only tend to hold onto non-premiership winning players who’ve only played 1.5 decent games…

2 Likes

Do they suddenly have heaps of cap space or does it still count till the end of his contract?

There is a loop hole here if they allow them the cap space.

Reduced salary this year, cancelled for 20 and 21. So, nothing against their cap beyond this year.

So the Swans and Buddy could do something similar if they wanted.

No, Buddy was a free agent. Teams are bound to the salary cap of free agency contracts (not sure if they’re bound to actually paying them).

Excluding whatever special exemptions or related ■■■■ the AFL can invent, of course.

1 Like

He starred in the 2016 GF. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. Still can’t, actually. Best of luck to him.

3 Likes

There wouldn’t be too many dogs supporters who’d harbour any grudge against him I reckon.

Hypothetically, if Shiel was to win us a gf in the next year or two and then calls it a day, then I’d just about take it at this stage.

Well done boyd, you did what only about 40 other bulldogs have done.

5 Likes

Extra $1mil to go after somebody like Coniglio.

I’d pay Liam Jones $1m a year for a decade if it got us a flag.

3 Likes

Here’s our chance to grab him in the mid season draft.

2 Likes

Didn’t farkin Hodge retire and has played 2 seasons at Brisbane immediately after retirement?

In this case, its a way to clear the cap space ( doing the right thing by the club) , and come back elsewhere next year at his correct value, and a lot less pressure, on himself and from others.

2 Likes