Season 2020 - North Melbourne

I have yelled some awful stuff at Brown over the last few years. Would be weird cheering for him.

3 Likes

so pretty much like me with zaka… and worsfold

That’s my problem with Townsend.

I think that is everyones. But remember, when we were once good, we were filled with players everyone hated because they were mongrels on the field.

2 Likes

Good point. Didn’t think of it that way.

We’d merely be replacing Daniher (should he leave), as in, the money that Joey is reportedly on would simply be paid to someone else nearly 1:1. If Joey leaves, and say Belly is as cooked as we all think and we don’t renew his contract, that’s a lot of cap space to go after players in FA. If we also decided to pull the pin on Zaharakis a year early and traded him for a throwaway pick just to get his salary off the books, we could do that too. There are a lot of options there for us to get creative and really turn ourselves into legitimate contenders. That is if Dodoro is prepared to be brave and make such decisions…

agree. How much would belly be on you reckon 400-500k? Zaka the same?

Yeah but why target a 27 yo key forward on close to a million unless we are genuine top 4 contenders. Target a younger player.

If bellcho, Daniher, Smack, hooker, Stewart aren’t contributing we need more than one star key forward.

We may not become legit top 4 contenders without that key forward though

5 Likes

That’s a valid point.

I’d suggest both would be on the vicinity of $500K-$600K. The guys who were suspended for 2016 and re-signed got overs to stay, both in terms of $$$ and contract length. So I’d suspect Belly would be very well remunerated. You could say that a loss of Joe/Belly and if they decided to be brave and send Zaka on his way might clear around $2 Million. We are in an interesting spot with the list. There’s talent there but there are some structurally critical players who could all potentially leave in the next 1-2 years. Daniher, Bellchambers and who knows how long Hooker and Hurley have left?

1 Like

That was, still is and forever be my issue with Justin Murphy

4 Likes

Me too, but with this.

1 Like

you deserve to burn in hell for this post. i spit on it.

3 Likes

He hasn’t played against us since 2014?

Long memory.

I’m a VFL watcher.

1 Like

Having a consistently dangerous marking target would go a long way to taking us from the consistent 8th to top 4.
Particularly as a free agent. No brainer.

4 Likes

Doubt we should be chasing either Cameron or Brown BUT have Cameron a long way ahead because he is more versatile and can play high forward.

I reckon we need a contested marking presence, Smack needs to be a number2 kpf (and get 2nd best defender) and when he goes into ruck we still have a genuine marking kpf.

Want marks or the ball being spilled to our dangerous smalls predictably.

2 Likes

Brown plays high forward, it’s just that his run up starts in the back pocket.

5 Likes