Season 2020 - North Melbourne

Historical rivals sure but I don’t think it comes across that way at the games except against Carlton. The blockbuster games in particular just feel like corporate events and lack genuine feeling.

3 Likes

I never felt the dreamtime game or Anzac day games had corporate atmosphere.
more about the real fans really. And a shame they cant sell the MCC tickets on Anzac day.

Maybe its just me then. I have attended quite a few premier league games over the years so AFL comes across a bit flat to me. Even American sports the atmosphere is far better and outside of basketball I find most of their sports dull.

Maybe its just me but theres nothing better than being at the footy having a beer and pie, Fletcher roosting a 60m bomb goal and some random starting signing a song about how awesome Dustin Fletcher is and all the fans getting up and about with the Es sen don chant.

I’m not saying I don’t enjoy but I just don’t think its a do or die battle like other codes.

I don’t know, i think these are rivalries for supporters but not necessarily the players. I mean, when was the last time the team went out with real intent on any of them? Have that attitude of anything but a win against them is unacceptable? Our recent history against all thise teams suggests we don’t

2 Likes

Why do they hate us so much? I nothing North.

2 Likes

question was asked to Hirdy and Jobe on the podcast yesterday.

Hirdy said Eagles and blues and North were great rivalries when he was a player.
Part of it was sheedy targetting those teams - Hird said Sheedy really went after North in 1998, and Eagles in 1993.
Think Jobe mentioned the blues rivalry.

Hird also hated Blues/pies…given texts revealed during the saga :laughing: .

Our rival is the whole league, pretty much. I mean everybody hates Essendon.

If North has a particular bone to pick, then tell them to get in line behind everyone else.

I haven’t encountered very many of their supporters, but every single one that I have was a (Richard). The chips on their shoulders are enormous.

4 Likes

Difficult to develop a rivalry with a corpse.

5 Likes

What was wrong with StealthBomber’s post? He is spot on

7 Likes

People are going way overboard with flagging posts these days.

Wow, that gets flagged yet you can say what you like to Nino?

1 Like

Use of King Richard’s first name.

It’s auto-flagged for that.

Slippery slopes.

2 Likes

Lol :rofl: your no fun DJR.

1 Like

FFS

Back in the peak-saga days, I found their supporters the most vicious.

Surprising, given that clubs history with journos such as Caro.

4 Likes

The only actual brawl I’ve been in (at the footy, or otherwise) was versus Norf, when a nutter and his reluctant-but-loyal mate decided to go all-in versus the Grog Squad.

(Being reluctant is a bad way to enter a brawl. Front face lock, dropped him to the concrete, tap out.)

We are North’s biggest rival… and they don’t even come within the top 10 of our Biggest rivals.

The best thing to do is ignore them… which is I think how the rivalry came about!!!

We don’t give them the attention that they crave, in the mean time while we’re pulling 90,000 people to our genuine rivals matches.

I couldn’t care less about what they have to say.

5 Likes

Post reported

11 Likes