Season 2021 - Fremantle

Don’t really like it. It reminds me of one of the early-mid 00s Saints guernseys.

I really do like the current purple chevrons, but if you’re going to bring back the anchor, do it properly so you can actually see the anchor, and bring back the red.

Fremantle assistant coach Josh Carr has been charged with breaching the WA Government’s quarantine orders after being caught leaving his home in Perth.

Carr, who returned to Perth from the Gold Coast with the team last Sunday was, like all Fremantle players and staff, supposed to start a 14-day home quarantine period on Monday.

But he has been issued with a summons for three alleged breaches stemming from a police visit to his residence on Wednesday, and Carr wasn’t at home.

Fremantle CEO Simon Garlick said Carr was “apologetic and remorseful” but the club was very disappointed by his actions.

Players and staff can only leave home in Perth to travel to and from the club to train. It’s not clear why Carr left home.

“We appreciate and understand the pressures that quarantine measures can place on individuals, however there is no excuse,” Garlick said.

“And while Josh was very apologetic and remorseful, we are frustrated and disappointed by his actions and concerned about the negative impact they could have on the very positive relationships we’ve maintained with WA police, the State Government and the AFL throughout the course of the pandemic.”

Carr will be stood down from his coaching duties while the Dockers work with the AFL integrity department to determine any further action.

Clearly need to send Lovett-Murray over to sort him out

2 Likes

Have to say, I’m absolutely SHOCKED that Stephen Hill has announced his retirement.

Is that shocked or stoked?
Or it that both, at the same time?

1 Like

Could also be shook.

Shocked he was still there. Thought he retired last year

Cerra goneski

K Cerra serra

3 Likes

2 Likes

If I was funny and/or smart I would’ve said “k, see ya Cerra”

Cunning plan by the Dockers to drop their new Strategic Plan while everyone is focused on the Draft.
Reduces the risk of injuries caused by uncontrollable laughter.

“ Fremantle chief executive Simon Garlick said the club would embrace the risk of its ambitious blueprint released overnight that promised two premierships within four years and membership of 80,000.
The mission statement said by 2025, the club would have:

• won at least one premiership in AFL and AFLW
  • three top-four finishes for its male and female teams

And I thought FarkCarlton was the most delusional team in the AFL.

To be fair, we just “promised” at least one premiership by 2026 for each of our VFLW, AFLW, VFL, AFL, and VWFL teams.

Decent chances with the first and last of those teams, at least!

1 Like

Not sure that is really fair. It’s not about delusion it is about having a goal to aim towards. People said the same thing about Richmond’s goals, but they pretty much achieved it, and no one really expected them to.

And on here, when we released goals without talking about winning premierships everyone ranted. A club needs to set this as their goal, what other point is there in playing footy if you don’t aim to win premierships?

2 Likes

I always think it’s dumb to set targets like that. Richmond was lucky and they pulled it off, but it’s just nonsense. 99% of winning a premiership is out of the club’s control. Almost entirely all luck if you ask me

You have to aim for it, otherwise what the hell is the point? This isn’t bush league where you do it for fun, play with your mates and have a few after the game.

3 Likes

Of course you aim for a premiership but setting and releasing targets to the public serves absolutely no purpose imo.

Richmond set it’s goals over 10 years.
A reasonable aim to rebuild, restructure, and aim for.
We’re a team with a very good core of young talent- aiming to win a flag in the near future is, again, a reasonable goal.

Fremantle?
Their best player is a banged up crock undergoing repeat surgeries.
One of their top youngsters has just fled to FarkCarlton.
And they are left with???

So you’re saying that making the top 4 three times and winning a flag in the next four years is a helpful goal, rather than the delusional ravings of a team setting themselves up for failure?

Goals & aspirations are only helpful if they are in some sense achievable- otherwise they are a politician’s empty promises that mask the real issues.

1 Like

Very little to do with luck.

The harder you work the luckier you get, or so said a pretty famous Yank.

2 Likes

Tell that to Milne.