Season 2021 - Melbourne

But they are, that is all of them

12 flags and none since 1964.
So…god is a hippy?
Threepeat ‘39-41…

I need to hear more of this guy’s theories.
I did have the mental image of an angel whispering in Jesus’ ear in 1965…
‘They’re called the farking what?!’

Y do ppl always draw dix on they’re profiles? Nuffs liek having long slinky type dix over thy’re face and thy’re name? Weird.

1 Like

Fair enough.

Personally I think Melbourne attendances have suffered since the MCG clamped down on taking fondue pots into the ground.

1 Like

What’s up with Pig? Just can’t get a game anymore?

He is 31 now.
Perhaps injuries starting to take a toll.
Not sure of contract status, but might be his last year.

They got Langdon now who can play Hibberds role

Isn’t Langdon a winger?? Hibberd is a backman.

1 Like

I think Langdon can play both roles

Reckon Hunt has gone back into defence, after playing as a forward in 2019.
They’re trying to get some pace happening behind the ball.

2nd year player Trent Rivers appears to have taken a spot in their backline also.
Gonna be hard for Pig to get back in.

2 Likes

May is out for 2-4 weeks with a fractured eye socket + concussion.

FARK

Jesus get well soon mate

2 Likes

Did Campbell Brown snipe him again?

1 Like

I saw Melbourne Round 1 and the game was really really poor. Are they now at round 4 the real deal for anyone who has watched them?

1 Like

They have grown in confidence and certainly playing a lot better than they did in round 1 when they fell in against Freo. The big thing for them is their midfield is made up of guys who pretty much are all at their peak years for a footballer.

Add in Lever and May finally both being fit and confident and playing in the same side together (until now with May down).

Up forward, Kozzie Pickett has given them an X factor they needed too.

Choco Williams has had a strong influence too I’m sure.

1 Like

Sheesh that is terrible, hope he recovers well with no long term issues.

They were very good yesterday.

They have probably benefitted from having a smaller forward line, which was forced on them due to injuries.

They’ve got Gawn, Oliver and Petracca in the middle all playing well. Lever and May down back who are in great form and up forward Pickett and Fritsch are very difficult opponents.

For the first time in a long time there’s a good balance to their team.

1 Like

I’ve watched them and I still don’t get it.

Freo game was awful. They struggled to put the Saints away (though probably dominated play from midway in the second quarter). Struggled to put GWS away who had Cogniglio, Davis and De Boer injured on the bench. And then an unconvincing win over a very ordinary Geelong.

Yes, they’ve now got 4 wins and they’ll now be in a good position for finals. But from what I’ve seen from Port, Doggies, Swans, Eagles (in patches), they are still a bit off it.

3 Likes

I think they’re a step off Port, Richmond, the Dogs and probably West Coast by the end of the year when they get their midfield back (Shuey and Yeo) but I reckon if they have a good run with injury they are just as good as anyone else. You’d think that Geelong probably get their act together too but who knows.

1 Like