Season 2021 - North Melbourne

I would have hated to be McDonald if I was sent to a Norf on the verge of going through through a heavy rebuild. He’d have played games where he’d be seeing <20 i50s. Every chance he told them to GAGF.

With high profile trades and FA available these days, I can kind of see why norf would have prioritised their midfield, which is about to drop off a cliff when they lose Goldstein and Cunnington.

Phillips, Powell, Lazzaro and Ford are made of the right stuff and will probably have a bigger impact in the short term whilst covering for some of the retiring champs

they are also lower flight risks than a highly ranked KPF from a state who has two teams who’ll both be needing one of those shortly

3 Likes

North best 22 2021

B: Young McKay Corr
HB: Atley Tarrant McDonald
C: Anderson Dumont, Polec
HF: Thomas Larkey Davies-Uniacke
F: Ziebell, Zurhaar, Stephenson
Foll: Goldstein Cunnington Simpkin
I/C: Walker, Scott, Taylor, Phillips

North have a lot of young players they need to give games to to see if they are any good and develop them.
Tarrant is a old head, I thought he had retired, hard to see them winning many games.
My tip for the spoon. Brown and Higgins 2 match winners gone, they will struggle for class.

Gee they are really short on genuine key forwards aren’t they.

With Brown gone they really only have Larkey as a guy who has shown anything and we’ve seen how injury prone he is.

I imagine they would have had plans to pump games into Charlie Comben and now he’s got stress fractures in his legs.

Outside of this it’s journeymen like Josh Walker or Tarrant (been a very good defender but not played much forward) or undersized players who they’ll try to play as pseudo key forwards like Ziebell, Zurhaar, Garner and Taylor.

I feel his pain.
Mine was a 12+ week injury.

Makes their decision to get rid of Brown more and more questionable.

1 Like

And pass on McDonald

3 Likes

Agree on the surface of it but it sounds like the relationship between player and club was more or less done and irreparable.
How much of that was because they didn’t fight enough to keep him though I don’t know.

Xerri is a forward Ruck I think, he might get some games as well.

I think heard one of their coaches mention Zurhaar when taking about key forwards, I’d imagine they’ll have to play him at CHF with xerri ruck/forward and larkey out of the square

It’s gonna be between Norf and Hawks for the spoon I think

1 Like

Just move to Tassie already so you can be vaguely relevant for like five seconds

They really need to go after a couple of key forwards from the state leagues in the Supplementary list or Mid season draft.

Hardly dire straits in losing a 20yr old fwd/ruck in Combden who was back in pecking order anyway and hasn’t played a game as yet

Larkey is the KPF who had been tracking well. Xerri fwd/ruck whose also showed good signs.

Curtis Taylor & Zurhaar the medium fwd’s.

Ben McKay can play both ends as required.

I’m sure there are others but yeah they may look to add in another mature tall from SSP

1 Like

What was their reasoning for passing on McDonald? Anyone asked that?

wasnt there rumours he told north he would head home to WA if they picked him,

I can imagine he didn’t want to rattle the save North tins in his spare time.

According to the official word from the club and supported by Luke McDonald:

Norf made a major, major announcement today, that will forever change the destiny of their club.

They have signed Tasmanian Heritage as their official ‘Cheese Partner’

I ■■■■ you not.

This is what happens when you’re a tiny broke minnow of a club who has to desperately grab at any sponsorship opportunities that present themselves, no matter how meagre, even if it’s just a couple of pallets of past-date Brie so you can save a buck on catering.

Cheese partner. Seriously.

5 Likes

The question here is what is the problem at the Tasmanian Heritage to think this is a sound strategy to put in place.

Clearly issues in governance, strategy, marketing and advertising at Tasmanian Heritage.

Good get for this ■■■■ stain of a club, well above their rank

I wish we had a cheese sponsor, I love cheese!

It’s my third favorite thing about visiting Amsterdam

4 Likes

Softening their fans up for the Tassie Kangaroos, one step at a time…