Season 2021 - Richmond

No, true, but deemed ok.

“Richmond have staunchly defended Hardwick since the coach admitted to being in a relationship with a staff member in January.”

“Club boss Brendon Gale, President Peggy O’Neal and the rest of the board decided to tick off on the relationship, taking the view that the staffer, a member of their commercial sales team, did not work in football and that the relationship did not violate club policy.”

1 Like

could win it all again this year dont see why not.

Hell no. Anyone following Sheedy was dead in the water.

2 Likes

There were rumours that he was going to be sacked or asked to leave.

Nope, not a chance. The thing that saved him at Richmond was the fact that they kept firing coaches and they decided the had to stick with him to show solidarity. They ended up taking away alot of his “powers” (lack of a better word) and put in people who were better at certain things than him.

They basically just use him for his strengths and have others to cover his weaknesses. Pretty simple, ain’t it?

I’m sure that should read “Former Essendon legend”.

Pretty messed up story, though. Sounds like the poor bloke’s been in quite a dark place.

1 Like

9 games, eh? And to think I can only remember one of them. Same one that everyone else remembers I’d imagine…

1 Like

This one…

It’s glorious.

6 Likes

Bulging disc, not many worse injuries than that.

Wonder how they will be able to prove negligence though.

All going to hinge on informed consent.

Did the Drs talk him through the risks & likely outcomes every single time they treated him. Did they note it.

He wouldn’t be the first person - sportsperson or otherwise - to make very bad decisions for themself.

1 Like

Was Zantuck the guy who threatened Sheedy when he was delisted?

Eh, I’ve had 2 in my back (including one that a MRI tells me is impinging on a nerve) since 2015 and neither bother me at all.
They tend to be a bit luck of the draw (among a host of other variables) as to whether they actually cause problems or not

Edwards out for 6-8 weeks.

1 Like

Ah well

3 Likes

Misses dream time

Excellent

2 Likes

That video is scary. Murphy, laycock, zantuck. Jesús Christ! Little did we know at the time those additions would set us back 15 years.

add some list plodders to stay moderately competitive,
when everyone else was playing kids and hitting the draft heavily.

maybe a bit of luck. we made finals in 2005 and crap in 2006.

if it was reversed lets see what the picks would be

2 Gumbleton
18 Jetta PP would have been first round in 2005. (2&4)
20 Hislop
36 Davey
42 Houli
47 Reimers
PSD 2 Mal Michael
Rookie 2 Dean ■■■■

2005 same picks
2 Dale Thomas
4/18 PP Josh Kennedy / max Bailey - shows massive diff of first versus second round PP.
20 Paul Bower
36 Jake Edwards
42 Robert Warnock
47 Ryan Gamble
PSD 2 Sam Illes
Rookie 2 Alan Toovey

So really could have been worse off except for the change to PP, maybe Dodoro did ok.
Josh Kennedy/Joel Selwood vs Hislop/Max Bailey is a massive difference, and shows what massive advantages clubs got in the 1993-2005 period

Priority picks
2005 - Murphy, Thomas, Ellis
2004 - Deledio Roughead Griffen
2003 - Cooney Walker Sylvia
2002 - Carlton missed due to sanctions - AFl effectively crippled them here for 20 years.
2001 - Hodge, Ball, Judd
2000 - N Reiwoldt
1999 - Josh Fraser, Haselby
1998 -
1997 - Travis Johnsotone
1996 -
1995 - Primus
1994 - Rocca(SYD), Grant (SYD)
1993 - Gasper, Lappin, Murphy Gorman,

How many of these players won premierships

• Lappin, Primus, Roughead, Hodge, Ball, Judd
    6/23 …26%, maybe AFL didnt need to change the system.

Who could we have picked in ‘05 though? Just because those players were picked by other team’s doesn’t mean we would have taken them at those spots. Houli one of the best from that ‘06 draft ironically.

1 Like

Houli is probably the prime example of the entire argument over recruiting / developing failures being completely flawed and unknowable.

4 Likes

TIGER ARMY

1 Like