Season 2021 - Western Bulldogs

Still somehow Essendon fans to blame for worlds woes.

2 Likes

So just thinking about coming to Essendon leads to a season threatening injury.

6 Likes

Major reconstruction surgery now going to happen from reports. That is it for him this year, unless he makes a miraculous recovery. What does this portend for his future? His trade value has just taken a massive hit, and it would not surprise if EFC has lost all interest in him.

2nd rounder it is take it or leave it Dogs :wink:

Several assumptions which I don’t necessarily think are correct. I don’t see his trade value taking a massive hit because of this injury. It would depreciate somewhat because he will only have one year left on his contract as opposed to 2. His form this year has been excellent, and whilst the injury is a serious one I don’t see it as being a chronic issue. It’s not as if he’s had recurring hamstring/soft tissue problems or OP.

Also, would he still want to leave the Dogs? Last year he wanted a trade predominantly because of his lack of midfield time. That hasn’t been a problem this season, plus the Dogs have been flying as well. They are definitely a team that should content over the next 3-4 years. Will we still have interest? Would Dunkley feel burnt by us in heavily courting him, getting him to commit to us and seek a trade, only for us to not execute on the trade, albeit for a exorbitant cost? Lots of questions for mine…

1 Like

Shoulder recos are not great news for AFL footballers unfortunately. Stability and strength rarely get back to pre-injury levels

1 Like

Hell turn into Myers who couldn’t move his arms higher than his shoulders. I’ll pass now.

He already had one shoulder reco’d and it didn’t stop him having that dominant 2019 season

IIRC for dislocations they actually do something to block/lock the shoulder from popping out again as far as surgery goes

2 Likes

On the bulldogs though god they look good, ridiculous depth in every position but key back. Maybe we can do some swapsies

They really should chase Ambrose. Would get him for almost nothing, and would suit their needs to a tee.

1 Like

We’re not exactly stacked with key backs ATM.

Remember Judd had shoulder problems? He seemed to go ok

Judd’s game wasn’t built around ferocious defensive efforts and tackling though.
Not to say anything about dunkleys ability to get back to his best, just they had different focus in games.

2 Likes

Judd used to cause shoulder problems too with his chicken wing antics.

1 Like

4 Likes

Hope the dogs self implode

Have a sook mate

Beveridge always plays favourites.

That’s very ordinary from West

1 Like