Season 2022 - Adelaide

Really glad this has become an issue this week and not next week.

This is usually the sort of thing an under pressure opponent gets directly before playing us.

Sloane confirmed ACL. Poor guy.

2 Likes

Likely career done for Sloane. Contracted for next year but hard to see him getting back given where they’re at in terms of list demographic.

only happens to essendon right nino?

Wouldn’t say that. Geelong will have a sniff

1 Like

These guys have had a comparatively good run with injury all year and yet they are just so damn average. Well worse than that. And boring too.

Their recruiting has seemed incredibly dull and vanilla over the past 5 or 6 years too.

2016 - Jordan Gallucci (15), Myles Poholke (44)

2017 - Darcy Fogarty (12), Andrew McPherson (40)

2018 - Chayce Jones (9), Ned McHenry (16)

2019 - Fischer McAsey (6), Harry Schoenberg (24), Josh Worrell (28)

2020 - Riley Thilthorpe (2), Luke Pedlar (11), Brayden Cook (25)

The draft just gone may well be the start of getting some more instinctive, skilful and creative footballers in Rachel, Soligo, Taylor. They’d want to hope so.

Some of the guys listed above aren’t horrible obviously but it’s generally pretty uninspiring.

The one that really rang alarm bells for me was them taking Pedlar at pick 11.

I remember at the time he was generally rated somewhere between 20 and 40ish. It felt like a selection that was reached for mainly because he was a local boy more than him being the best available.
And he is very similar to a lot of the other tough, slowish, inside mids that lack finesse in their games. Ok players but pretty plain Jane types.

Crows fans reckon Ogilvie is a dud and his drafting is woeful, they want him gone before this years draft. They also run similar jokes about him as we do with Dodoro. This is one he sent me

3 Likes

Agree with most of what you’ve said. Seems like their list building plan has really chopped and changed with no clear strategy over recent years. My Crows mates have some good gags recently…

‘Geez do our recruiters have shares in Big W or something because our midfield can’t find a Target’

However know for a fact Pedlar would have been taken 1st round regardless. Person at club land told me their team was very keen on him had he been there at their pick. Covid year was truly very tricky to judge.

1 Like

Interesting re: Pedlar, cheers.

I reckon Ollie Henry wouldn’t have been a bad choice for them at that pick.

Crows are currently investigating a female member who is alleged to have called Saad a terrorist during Saturday’s game against Fark Carlton

1 Like

Good. Call her out, then throw her out.
I wonder if their move to investigate is only a direct result of the media attention this received. You would hope not. You would hope they would take action anyway, but their lack of action on the day suggests they are reactive, rather than proactive.

Apparently a 13yo girl.
Being investigated as despite several witnesses and complaints SAPOL and security didn’t evict them

Then they didn’t do enough.

Gotta be careful. Point out one racist child and the whole country could turn on you

4 Likes

Sorry, don’t have a subscription to see full article. It’s about the camp.

You can get around Fairfax paywalls by using an incognito browser mode.

And, be warned, it is not a pleasant read. Sounds absolutely horrible what was done on that camp.

3 Likes

That so called camp was an utter disgrace. The exercises they invented border on insanity.

2 Likes

After that comment, I can probably do without knowing. Thanks for the warning.

Pfft…
I put it down to the younger generation being weaker than boomers…

I haven’t read it and am sure it’s bloody stupidity and something no one should be having to put up with.

What a farked club !