Season 2022 - Gold Coast

Yep. They’ll be lucky to keep 1 of those guys

Rankine has been disappointing.
As per other Good Coast youngsters, their development period has been wasted trying to get fit enough to play out half a season (let alone a full one).
They have the talent. But their health and fitness staff are terrible.
Then they trade them away for far less than the draft pick they invested on them or lose them for nothing through free agency.

It’ll continue to hold them back until they get the health and fitness part right.
Worst case, they’ll be able to get better value in trades than what they get now.

Gee Rankine would be a nice addition to the side.

A fit one, yes.
But he’s probably going to be a Fantasia like tease where you can only get him fit enough to play out one season of the rest of his career.

Ben King’s knee > Gold Coast’s relevance

Ben King having a knee injury would seriously be in the top 5 biggest news stories in Gold Coast’s entire history.

Hmmm

1. Gold Coast starting
  2. Gary Ablett coming

yup youre right

1 Like

They will all stay IMO

Hope not

Clarko will be there next year and the AFL will assist with player retention and recruitment. Already a strong rumour that Clarko has been contacting players from other clubs approaching free agency this year and asking them not to re-sign at their current clubs as he will have the job next year. If the AFL get Clarko up there, retain most of their current decent players and can attract a couple of decent FA’s up there and perhaps a gun or two they might be ok. They will have plenty of draft capital potentially as well as they are my favourites for the spoon and would most likely get another priority pick

3 Likes

Kings value dropped now with a acl.

and 12 months up there will be hard mentally doing recovery.

maybe he will
come back to victoria during his time off.

If North/ Hawthorn finish last then he could walk to them so suns would have to deal with his suitor.

This would be good as I’m sick of the suns being crap and there is zero chance they will ever fold. I’m saying that where did you hear clarko is ringing players? It sounds pretty far fetched as dew is a former player of his. I think lukosious will leave as he said he is waiting to see if they have any success this year. If they can retain those players in another very poor year off field I’d be surprised, king and rowell maybe, but the others seem a bit flakey. I think they’d only retain them all if they have a good year on field, which if that happens clarko won’t be there next year anyway.

Dew’s had 4 years. Amazing he’s getting a 5th.

It’s been circulating amongst player managers that he has been speaking to players for a little while and that he will be back coaching next year. I’m just assuming it will be the Suns and with AFL assistance.

1 Like

AFL have Clarko lined up, they needed to retain Dew for one more year. No point in getting rid of him and then dumping his replacement after 1 year.

If Clarkson is sneakily trying to round up interested players, for whatever club, it’ll be worth seeing if the magic has worn off.
It’s an objective stretch to say I’m happy to move clubs & play for a genius, if the club he takes over is still several years from success - Gold Coast, Tasmania etc.
A bit like putting Sheedy in charge of GWS - the magic had faded and there weren’t a huge queue of stars lining up for a shot in the dark.
It’d be a different kettle of fish were Clarkson to take over at a contending club, or even a Melbourne based club - traditionally that’s were the big name player shifts happen.
May, Daniher, Cameron etc.

In short the Angry Dwarf may find he’s not as respected as he thinks he should be.

2 Likes

Even with AFL assistance, I suspect the Gold Coast salary cap isn’t in great shape. That said, there is enough talent that they should be doing much better.

What year is this quote from?

I think they should be much higher than 3rd last.