Season 2022 - Gold Coast

what, like they have the last 12 years?

1 Like

blimey has it been that long? Here’s the highlight reel of his time there -

That is grossly unfair. Dew has managed to allow us to pick up 2MP for nothing. That is a great achievement.

2 Likes

I mean, noted, but has there ever been a year what you’ve said didn’t fit?

Is he allowed to be doing that?

Agree with this, it’s astounding how long AFL clubs give coaches to achieve something, I don’t know of any other sports in the world where you are given as long. Dew has one advantage, the players seem to like him, but as Malcolm blight said ‘you never let the players pick the coach’.

Would you like to rephrase the question?
Perhaps in a way that includes the word why?

Ok, “is he allowed to be why doing that?”

Did that work?

1 Like

I can’t see why not…he’s not contracted to anyone so he should be able to have “casual” conversations with athletic young men that he meets randomly on the street.

He can meet with player managers all he likes.

gggg (1)

6 Likes

Officially I believe can’t offer terms.

Vague, general conversations are game on. And let’s be honest, every club does it every year.

2 Likes

They want results. Lucosius wants to win something.
Well with King going down, it looks very much like they will win the wooden spoon. Jack won’t be happy with that.

Just fold the club

Gold Coast shouldn’t be getting anymore help or assitants from the AFL.

They had 2 lots of draft concesions given and still cant keep talent that’s clubs fault where they cant create an enviroment where players want to stay.

What Gill and co should be doing is admit that Gold Coast hasn’t worked and fold the club.

3 Likes

King going down could fast track Lucosius’ development as a forward.
I think he might go very well.

100% will not happen. If you’ve read this forum thoroughly you will have noted that there’s anecdotal reports about large increases in participation (particularly among women) in the area as a result of the investment.

They will put Clarko in and then give him anything he asks for to get the finals appearances.

2 Likes

dosen’t matter if they continue to suck on field

How are Gold Coast going to learn and become successful if the AFL keeps saving them when it goes wrong

Let’s see…maybe they’ll just follow the Sydney and Brisbane models.

Gold Coast haven’t been around as long as it took for the AFL to buy those mobs their flags.

1 Like

how could you possibly think lukosious woukd stay after what he said. basically said GC better be successful this year or im out