Season 2022 - St Kilda

Shows I can’t rely on fox sports, to get my draft team :joy:
I was thinking there wasn’t enough Jacks

2 Likes

Barracked for us as a kid.

I heard his favourite players were Michael, Gavin, and Jobe.

Their motto translates as, “We flatter to deceive.” It has always been thus. They have some decent talent, but not enough to cover the holes on their list. Middle third of the ladder, no higher.

Poor portents here:

• This out-of-contract coach is ‘a fascinating storyline’
  • St Kilda doesn’t have any ‘genuine All-Austalian contenders’ aside from Jack Steele
  • Brett Ratten is bullish about getting some games out of Dan Hannebery
  • ‘They need Jack Billings to finally fulfill his potential’

I have a mate rebuilding a 1959 MGA, he has more chance of getting some kms out of that and Rats is putting his house on Hannebery ???

2 Likes

Even if you could get games out of Hannebury, would you want to? Should be prioritising development of someone else surely?

in his day, he was a fkn machine. now he could help give some of the young guys guidance on field. but hes completely busted. its still got to be one of the absolute worst recruitments ever made. almost as bad as Andy Lovett for them.

1 Like

Barassi, Jeans and Parkin as well, probably a handful of others if ancient history is examined. So not common, but not unheard of.

Blight & Walls won premierships at their 2nd clubs too.

I think Carlton were wrong to sack Ratten. I suspect perception of Ratten’s success at the Saints will be dictated more by the club than his coaching.

1 Like

Arguably recruiting Hannebury was the worse decision. Everyone knew he was busted before he went there, at least Lovett was match fit and capable of playing.

3 Likes

The issue with Lovett wasn’t recruiting him, it was the management of him once on the list. Should have helped win them a premiership.

1 Like

You add Lovett to the drawn GF and it’s very hard to see the Pies escaping that one.

5 Likes

You think? I’d say the issue was Andrew Lovett.

5 Likes

Yes. And they totally failed to manage that issue.

You dread these happening at your own club at this time of year. Poor dude.

2 Likes

AFL 2022: Oscar Adams car accident, St Kilda Saints, draftees, what happened, details, Saints pre-season news

St Kilda has confirmed it is investigating a car accident involving draftee Oscar Adams on Saturday morning.

Adams was not injured in the crash and the Herald Sun reports he is back with his family at home in western Victoria.

The circumstances of the accident remain unclear.

Stream every match of every round of the 2022 Toyota AFL Premiership Season Live & Ad-Break Free During Play on Kayo. New to Kayo? Try 14-days free now.

“The St Kilda Football Club is aware of a motor vehicle incident that occurred on the morning of Saturday 5 February involving draftee, Oscar Adams,” the club said.

“He is uninjured and with his family at home.

The club is gathering further information regarding the matter before it determines the appropriate next steps. Oscar’s welfare is the primary concern of the club at this point in time.”

The 198cm ruck-key defender from Mount Gambier was taken with Pick 51 in last November’s national draft.

It follows a difficult week for the Saints with defender Nick Coffield rupturing his ACL at training, requiring a full knee reconstruction, while oft-injured midfielder Dan Hannebery is being taken conservatively through the pre-season.

This club is so irrelevant it doesn’t warrant it’s own topic surely? Just stick em in the casual chit chat thread.

this is a pretty bad start to a season.

FOLD AND DIE

2 Likes

l grew up about 3 ks from Morrabbin - most off my long term friends barrack for St Kilda.

There was a group of 12 to 15 St Kilda members ( all friends ) who all bougjt memberships of approx $800 + so that they all could be seated togethet. This was on going over a number of years with small increase each renewal year.

About 3 to 4 years ago St Kilda changed their classification to now cost (from memeroy) about $1500 + per year - with exactly the same seats the my friends had been sitting in for years !!

All of the group of the 12 to 15 complained to St Kildas membership dept. - With no joy.

All 12 to 15 members stopped being St Kilda members - most are now Melbourne Storm members !!

4 Likes

is Molly Meldrum in your group of mates?

1 Like