Season 2023 - Gold Coast

Mind you, Swallow is basically Heppell’s age and is probably even more injury-wracked if anything.

1 Like

True. But Swallow had a very good season last year.

1 Like

I thought Swallow had managed to stay on the park the last few years? At a lower level of output than his original trajectory, but still a quality contributor.

2 Likes

Swallow feels like he’s been playing (and not playing) for twenty years, and I couldn’t spot him in a line-up.

5 Likes

AFL franchisee, the McDonalds Football Club.

What does that make us? :frowning:

One swallow is not enough for an entire footy team.

Maybe not for some ladies in the adult entertainment industry…

1 Like

Any gifs as evidence?

Dogshit club and this topic should be deleted so it doesn’t stain the main board along side classy topics such as ‘Harry & Meagan’ and ‘Unpopular Opinion’.

1 Like

Gws and gold coast plastic souless clubs both should fold

1 Like

Anyone who wants this urinal cake of a football club to succeed, you sicken me

1 Like

On paper they don’t lack for talent, but they do for consistency.

They could finish anywhere between 6-16 this season.

Dew is an ordinary coach but the players love him and he has seemed to have solved their biggest issue, player retention.

2 Likes

Reckon he’ll still leave.

A vic club will offer him a massive contract when he’s a FA

$$$$$$$$$$$

Has he really though? They just lost two more top 10 draftees in Rankine and Bowes, the latter of which even came with another top ten pick because they stuffed up their salary so bad paying overs for B & C grade recruits.
They’re a mess.

1 Like

Dew can’t help the fact they cooked their cap, Bowes even said he was sad to leave

2 Likes

Since he started they’ve lost Scrimshaw, Kolodashnij, Steven May, Peter Wright, Brodie, Rankine and Bowes in hugely unfavourable deals and only had Hugh Greenwood walk out.

It’s not a good record.

1 Like

Yeah but the majority of those were in his early years when the club was a mess.

Wright, Brodie and Bowes weren’t getting games (as i said he isn’t a great coach) and they wanted to clear money off the books, basically through their list management teams mishandling of the cap (Greenwood also a list management stuff up).

Rankine is the only one in recent times they have actually wanted to keep and he was in fact keen to stay, but for a ridiculous offer from the crows.

2 Likes