Season 2023 - Port Adelaide

Who will get the three Brownlow votes from last night’s match?

I can’t believe it’s not Butters.

3 Likes

And in 2018 they got Zac Butters for pick 12, which was the year we gave up our first pick for Shiel, as well as first pick the next year.

I watched Zac Butters playing Junior footy at Darley and he was a gun at 14 and just got better and better. Absolutely starred last night.

2 Likes

Yep. We would have had the pick right before Port Adelaide as well. It was Pick 11 that we traded to the Giants for Shiel. They took Jye Caldwell funnily enough.

All hypothetical of course but I wonder whether Dodoro, RFK and co would have drafted Butters or Caldwell if we had retained the pick.

Yep, they got Butters effectively for Polec and Pittard. Great move

1 Like

A grossly underrated player, I reckon. One of the very few who was able to shut down Dustin Martin when he was really dominating.

It was a stupid decision at the time by Hawthorn, and looks even worse now.

2 Likes

I know an ex Western Jets assistant coach and he said we had been very very into Butters throughout the his junior year. There was apparently hope we could have got him with our 2nd rounder

If Dodoro thought he was only going to be a pick in the late 30’s it’s little wonder our list is in dire shape

3 Likes

Concur. Burton always looked like a quality player.

this is the port thread

Bwahahah. Oops!

7 Likes

Port not afraid to have their captain play 2’s.
Jonas running around for their SANFL side this week.

Who is their captain likely to be next year?

Seems like they’ve moved on from Wines while Boak is too old and already had his turn.

Butters?

Or a solid citizen like Burton?

Yep, they don’t believe that any of their defenders deserve to be dropped so Jonas plays in the two’s

I hate the club, but like the mindset. A C next to your name shouldn’t guarantee you games. See McGuire, Harry as perfect example.

1 Like

Watched them last night. Going to be interesting to see what they do with Hinkley. He’s clearly got the players working for him and they look very sharp.

1 Like

Be mad to let him go. They’re on course for a GF.

1 Like

Rumours that Fantasia wants to come back.

Someone to keep Reid company

1 Like

I’d have him back. I loved him and I have no self respect.

7 Likes