Season 2023 - Sydney

The gambling industry and those that perpetuate it are scum.

■■■■ the AFL and its double standards. Their own app has the odds under every game.

3 Likes

tell the app you’re not 18 and you’ll never get gambling ads

don’t give them ad revenue

2 Likes

The Bin Chickens are one of my least favourite teams, but I can’t condone capturing small, wild animals to throw on the BBQ.

1 Like

Why would it be an issue?

Every 2nd AFL footballer has a share in a greyhound or horse.

But then you miss out on the topless photos of Kyle Langford.

4 Likes

Kylie Langford > Kyle Langford

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPAPLEY!

Paddy McCartin has announced his retirement.

Best decision for his health.

12 Likes

At last, a sensible decision. Swans should have retired him sooner than this. Leaving the decision up to the player involved is never such a great idea. It was a mistake to even let him come back.

I have no connection to him personally, but cannot explain just how relieved I am to hear this news. I can only imagine how his family must feel. I really hope he has a healthy life ahead of him.

8 Likes

The decision was made by the AFL’s medical group.

There’s been a lot to admire (annoyingly!) about the way the Sydney FC conduct themselves, both on and off the field, over the last couple of decades.

But one thing that isn’t admirable is the amount of fortunate situations they find themselves in at the business end of games that contain external influences. Usually it happens at home but last night Adelaide Oval was the scene of yet another debacle.

Is it just luck or is something else seriously going on? I know it sounds ludicrous but it always seems to be them.

2 Likes

Except it was Caaarlton last week.

I was discussing this with a Richmond mate this morning and this is what i remembered of Sydney being overly and often intentionally fortunate over the years. Some years i quoted i may be wrong.

"Just a few off the top of my head. Dunkley non suspension 96 gf, hall non suspension 2005 gf, goodes flopping free in goal square to beat us around 2007, a double 50m penalty in the last minute to beat us around 2011, Gary Rohan throwing Marty Gleeson into the front row of the stand to beat us 2017 (all 3 on last kick of the day). Dane rampe climbing the goal post not penalised to beat us 2018.

Ones I remember from other teams, Geelong last year kick that went 20m called ‘not 15’ for a shot that would have won them the game, swans not penalised for kicking the ball into the grandstand against Richmond, north lose to swans via interchange error in the last minute, Adelaide goal called a point last night.

Dunkley was suspended by the AFL, he got a Supreme Court injunction to play. Fat lot of good, as he jibbed it against Carey in the GF.

1 Like

Sydney got seriously reamed by the umps in the 2016 grand final.

1 Like

I always laugh at the whingeing about this when they have been handed pretty much every other decision in the world over the past 25 years. Even last year that Richmond non decision had them end up top 4 instead of getting no double chance.

1 Like

I suppose if draft penalties for recruiting L FFFFFRANKLIN! against the wishes of the AFL, removal of the COLA scheme despite general acceptance that Sydney sides are disadvantaged when attempting to keep or recruit players as their wages are compromised by the cost of living in NSW and that the Bulldogs got such a thorough rub of the green in the 2016 GF that they developed a rash is good fortune then, Giddeeup!

I know.

They are a joke. And so are the people actually attempting to justify the one occasion when things didn’t go exactly their way.

They were also given a leg up in several instances to even get there on GF day in 2014, 2016 and 2022 - two of those they didn’t even bother rocking up for the contest (see Essendon yesterday).

And for those playing along at home I’d like to point them out to your comprehensive list from a previous post:

Kissed on the ■■■■ more than anyone.

2 Likes