Season 2023 - West Coast

I mean they have their full list to train with in preseason so theres that? Do we forget there was a game where they literally had call up from the wafl. They had no continuity until late in the year when the season was dead.

Have they managed to recruit/employ the wife of another umpire in the off season?

2 Likes

I know all that…but their list is really poor…their top end talent (on paper) is perpetually injured and there’s not a lot (after Oscar Allen) coming through.

4 wins?

That’s not really a high bar.

1 Like

I reckon they are the masters of looking at the season and upcoming draft pool, deciding they aren’t contenting and tanking hard for a season. I’m expecting quite the bounce back from them this season.

Far out that’s very sad. It’s going to be very tough for him to keep it together while he works through such an unexpected and significant loss in his life.

1 Like

Horrible news. Hope he pulls through okay, i cant even comprehend what that would be like

2 Likes

Not a great start to the year for anyone.

Expect them to finish 16th in 2023 and 18th in 2024 - It’s a fairly old list with most of their best players near retirement age - They’ll need to build through the draft.

I’d give anything for them to stay crap for 5+ years :pray:

A. I just hate west coast with everything in my body
B. The worse they are the less Martin will entertain going home
C. I just really hate them!

Ginbey looks like the type of player that will just become a genuine A-grader
Hewett and Barnett were perfect pick ups as well, nothing about this drafting gives me hope they will stay down.

Just going to have to revell in their misery and savour it this year

2 Likes

They certainly won’t be playing finals but they won’t finish wooden spooners either,

10-12

10-12
Is that for win/loss or ladder position?

Ladder

1 Like

Pack your bags Harley Reid, you will be moving west.

1 Like

If your a big time player, and you have a decent size ego, you would be pretty excited by the prospect of going to West Coast I reckon. Even if it is at the start of a rebuild.

I think with their senior core fit they were on track to win a handful of games or more this year to avoid the bottom 2 but after that weekend of carnage they’re going to really struggle.

Cripps basically done for the year.
McGovern’s hammy is apparently a bad tear, could even involve the tendon. So he’s probably 8 weeks minimum.
Shuey will be out for probably another month.

All pretty important senior players who whilst past their prime, are still strong reference points for them and they likely would have assisted in notching up a few more wins.

Then there’s Liam Ryan, Witherden and the young fella Chesser who all copped injuries.

And Nic Nat is still months away.

Yeah, going to be tough from here.

1 Like