Season 2024 - Geelong

Coming up on 20 years since we lost the 04 semi to them. In that time we’ve beaten them 4 (four) times. 05, 11, 17, 18. Dire.

While the differences of each club has been incredibly stark in that time, we have to do better against them than we have. Even the scum have had some success against them over the years.

3 Likes

Gold Coast too.

I call it the Bomber Thompson effect he made it clear to them to always beat us and that we are soft it’s now ingrained in the clubs culture

2 Likes

The Brad V’s Chris thing will make it an AFL Bonaza

2 Likes

Remember back in the day when they used to bully Richmond as well , who couldnt beat them nor win a final, then they did both at once. When the ■■■■ will we do the same

Probably not

Apparently have 15 players out of contract at the end of the year,
Half of their best 22 is over 30. OK that makes them tough, to a point, it also makes them slow,

I cannot agree that they will finish 6th to 9th. 10th to 13th for mine and if they do not make finals, they will probably pull the pin and opt for a mini re-build.

Interesting….

So they are worried about hamstrings? Who isn’t and who has come up with the answer to this problem ?

More likely they have realised that old men run slower and they need to try to overcome that.

1 Like

Cam Guthrie looks to have done quite a significant hamstring tear in their practice match today. He grabbed high up on his hammy and collapsed so it looks a baddie.

Rotten luck for him given he hardly played a game last season. Could be pretty big in the context of their campaign too. Although I do think Bruhn and Jhye Clark can come in and contribute pretty well.

1 Like

Contrary to initial reports it turns out it was a quad injury for Guthrie.

This is a bit absurd…

Bowes could have picked ANY CLUB to move to. Geelong told him all these positive things, saying they wanted his skillset, and they’d play him in the midfield. They weren’t just interested in the attached Pick 7.

Now that Pick 7 (Jhye Clark) might have his midfield minutes???

It’s not weird Preuss levels of stupidity, but it’s somewhere on the same scale.

Maybe we should target Bowes as a cheap trade at the end of the year? I’ll try to file it away mentally for the trade period.

Its going to be interesting to see how Hawkins performs this season. Judging by his antics and anger in the preseason game, he clearly feels under pressure to perform. When a key forward gets to the point that the season may be their last, it must be difficult to balance team goals and personal goals. We all saw how frustrated Jack Riewoldt was as his average goals dropped to the lowest it had been in 14 seasons, with diving, arguing and abuse characterising his play.
Hawkins was still kicking about 2.5 goals a game last season and has not failed to kick more than 2 goals a game for 12 seasons.

Oh noes!

Screenshot 2024-03-28 at 11.26.04 am

Always knew he was a coke fiend

Tanner Bruhn looks like he’s arriving as a player. Abit of meaty lad at that too.

I can’t dislike this guy, and I have a lot of (football) hate in me…

1 Like

Looks like the Hawk is having a one man premiership hangover.

They say that in footy, the end can come quickly. If he is playing sore he just wants to get to the record games and its a luxury the Cats can afford at the moment.