Season 2024 - Hawthorn

Karl Amon 181cm
Josh Ward 183cm
Day is still a twig pushed off it easy enough.

Who exactly in our midfield do you imagine is pushing Day off the ball?

5 Likes

Setterfield

2 Likes

I doubt you watched Hawthorn often in 2023 - Their midfield is strong and contested and I doubt EFC will bully them - What their midiield lacks is speed.

1 Like

Day, Worpel, Nash and Newcombe are beasts.

A little loose with ‘beasts’
Newcombe yes, Nash is a hybrid mid, Day is 81 kgs and Worpel 86 kgs.

2 Likes

Watch how they play - Dont rely on looking at weights.

That’s a licence to call Hobbs a beast then.

1 Like

There is a very disappointing lack of Fark Mitchell in here. It should be a mandatory part of any post discussing Hawthorn, for as long as that smug farking toerag is in charge.

Fark Mitchell.

16 Likes

I know everyone is devastated, so I will provide the update to ease your worries.

"Hawthorn will ease coach Sam Mitchell back into his duties in a part-time capacity and he won’t be at the club when pre-season training resumes on Wednesday as he battles to recover from a serious illness which landed him in a New York hospital.

Hawthorn football boss Rob McCartney said Mitchell would make a “phased return” to his role to help him recover as quickly as possible.

“Sam’s health has continued to improve following his discharge from hospital and he is now in the position to return with his family to Melbourne later this week,” McCartney said.

“While this is a positive step, Sam will still need some more time to return to full fitness and health.

“Sam will initially have a phased return to his role as senior coach, spending time in our program early in the week while also continuing to have the rest that is required for him to return quickly to full health.”

McCartney said he was confident Mitchell’s partial absence from training would not affect the Hawks’ preparations for the season, praising his team of assistant coaches.

Blah blah blah…

1 Like

Sounds like it might take a while, but that he will make a full recovery… unfortunately.

7 Likes

3 Likes

I hope he recovers. Hate to see people battle serious potentially life threatening health issues.

1 Like

What’s a hybrid mid?

Nash is the biggest midfielder in the game today, not sure how he doesn’t count.

1 Like

So do I.
In this bloke’s case though…

4 Likes

Hawthorn star Will Day faces a race against the clock to be fit for round 1 after he was struck down by a stress fracture on the Hawks’ first day back at pre-season training.

Scans revealed the damage to Day’s foot after he complained of pain during the Hawks’ session at Waverley Park on Wednesday.

That sucks.
I hate the Hawks but he’s a very good young player and the game needs as many players of his caliber out there as possible.

1 Like

I heard their training venue is not spongey enough.

Hopefully he’s back by round 2.

1 Like

Spotted at recent training on crutches.