Season 2024 - Hawthorn

Unfortunately I like a lot of what they’ve done the last two years, but they’re going to regret missing out on McKay. For key defenders they have Blanck (mature age draftee), Frost (lol) and Grainger-Barras (looks lost and another cursed pick 6 bust). Teams will stretch them.

I am very excited to see what Henry Hustwaite does, I think he has a load of potential and is one to watch.

I can guarantee there won’t be one ounce of excitement about what young Henry does from me.

I’m more interested to see if they fast track Weddle into a KPP like we eventually did with Ridley, or young Will McCabe, add size so he can fill the void…
But you probably cant rush these things, and they likely have players on the list who will fill the roles in the future and those C/D Graders will fill in the spots for now - Frost, Blanck,
with chop outs from Jiath/Weddle/Hustwaite etc

Can imagine they will chase a free agent this year for a KPP spot.
even someone like Baldwin may be enticed, but they probably want more height.

Well earthworks are charging ahead on the new facility at Dingley. On an old sand mining/tip site there may be some patches of spongy ground, and, well, given the uptapped methane emissions, be careful lighting a match at training.

Edit: Apparently the methane issue has “complicated” the project leading to at least 12 months of delay and adverse cost effects leading to a split on the board, whereby they struggled to avoid the cancellation of the project. But, as we know, the HFC has obtained so much government funding in the event of cancellation, presumably the government funding would not flow and the losses would put a very seriousdint into the HFC balance sheet.

1 Like

1 Like

If we cant beat them with so many outs we should just give up

4 Likes

Last minute injuries in preseason again. I swear this club is cursed. Why does it only happen at Essendon? We need to get serious about fitness and development staff. Dudoro too - too many fragile players that can’t stand up to AFL expectations.

Edit: oops this is the Hawks thread.

3 Likes

They can keep our injury gods

1 Like

You’re up Frosty!! This is your year!

That’s horrible luck for Blancke. Probably impacts how Sicily will have to play this year as well.

We might get to see Gunston head to defence with these injuries.

Hawks taken Phillips as SSP rookie, makes sense given Blanck injury

3 Likes

1 Like

5 Likes

Geez. No sympathy here but if you were a Hawks fan, the last week would have really taken the wind out of your sails and diminished your keenness for the season ahead.

2 Likes

Most Hawks supporters will be doing black flips. He’s their version of Mark Bolton

On his own he’s nothing special or proven yet but geez they are mounting up. It’s eroding away at their depth. He probably would have got opportunity down back with Blancke going down too.

1 Like

Hoping Wright and either Caddy or Jones can kick a bag round one on a surely undersized Hawthorn backline.

1 Like

Even more pressure on us to beat them and to do it comfortably

1 Like