Season 2024 - Port Adelaide

Still a question mark. I’m not sure how much better Ratugolea and BZT makes their defence. I wouldn’t put either in the elite bracket so I’m not sure how much that moves the needle. Untimate benefit might be that it frees up Aliir Aliir completely. The ruck situation again Lycett retiring and getting Soldo in, how much better does that make them? Sweet as well from the Dogs, he’s just a goer. It’s not like they’ve signed Grundy.

Midfield is very exciting with Rozee and Butters the 2 prime movers and if JHF can really explode that’s a trio you can bank on for close to a decade. Still think Kenny is under massive pressure despite signing a new contract. Straight sets exit puts the microscope right back on them and a sluggish start to 2024 will have the natives restless. Eagles (H), Tigers (A), Dees (H), Bombers (H), Dockers (H) first 5. Should be 4-1 at a minimum with that start.

1 Like

I think Ken is on a two year deal becuase they simply cannot have a coach on a one year deal. If they dont make a prelim, I think they will move him on.

I think they have Carr lined up handover wise, they’ve given Ken the 2yrs to try and make something happen with the group & clearly there is buy in but in effect in year 2 be passing over the reigns

1 Like

There is three teams that I reckon are a chance to completely ■■■■ the bed.

Port, Dees and Dogs.

I hope they all do, along with a few others.

Port are the flakiest team in the comp

Can see them in the bottom half of the 8, maybe. Wouldnt suprise me if they missed

1 Like

They are a better version of EFC.

Capable of some really good footy at times, but highly capable of total ■■■■.

Their game against Collingwood early last year illustrates how poor they can be, that was a shocking display.

They have added some defensive players which was their Achilles, they will play finals 4-6 for mine.

Dixon is getting on as is Boak whom are really depth players for them now but both important.

Interested in how Buckley MK2 goes this year, apparently trained the roof off

I take it you’re referring to JHF? Yeah I think he’s really gonna break out and emerge as a top liner. He has all the physical attributes and the skill. If his running capacity based on his pre-season is as advertised by Port’s fitness staff he should have a sensational year.

1 Like

I have a sneaky little wager on him for Brownlow aswell.

Too light.

1 Like

4 games, does that count for the game against us, or does he miss 1 preseason game + 3 games?

Handy if he is out against us.

Pre-season game not included in that suspension. Like Kozzy Pickett last night, or Elijah Hollands. Both missing the first two H&A games through suspension.

2 Likes

Cheers, the game is still in Adelaide, but at least don’t need to worry about that prick blind siding you going for the footy.

Hobbs to JHF.
Duzza to Rozzee given Merrett said he could be as good :rofl:
might be a decent game, they only just got over the line last year.

1 Like

And we have Duursma who will be looking to kickass

But watch Aliir and Zerk have 45 marks between them when we hack it in blindly :rofl:

Ollie Lord will miss the start of the season. Fracture and bone bruising after an awkward landing at training.

Fair old side.
Oh, and congrats to Travis Boak (I guess).

1 Like

Freo vs Port this week will be a very interesting watch. You’d say both are best young midfields in the comp currently. Age profile of first option trios.

Port
JHF (20)
Rozee (24)
Butters (23)

Freo
Serong (23)
Brayshaw (24)
Young (23)

1 Like

https://x.com/primewalsh/status/1780369295605993747?s=46&t=YGdPXSqojqeDwdjPFXFTRQ

Grubby club from Koch down.

4 Likes