Season 2024 - the vainglorious Gold Coast

Shizen performance last night. That 2nd quarter was pants.

RIP stiffy.

1 Like

This thread and McDonald’s are the only things that remind me that this club actually exists.

Same issues as Essendon. Lots of talent, but their midfield is too short and their tall guys are too skinny. There are a lot of similarities between both clubs and their drafting philosophies correlating to no success.

Same as Essendon, new program, new coaches, new Club leaders. Talent is one thing, getting the Club right must come first. It will take them time to settle and build as well. It’s not only about the talent if the list…

I hope they come good, the expansion clubs are my second teams coz they are no threat and they give me someone to watch when we are stinking it up.

I think it will take a little longer than expected though, when the rowell, Anderson, king and luko group get over 25 and their recent draft haul is about 23 they’ll win a flag. A good 3 to 4 years away still.

2 Likes

I live in the Gold Coast, I’m, quietly, a big fan of them. I hope they deliver for the game too…

1 Like

I’ve always had a soft spot for GC, like to see them do well.
Can’t stand GWS though. Not entirely sure why

Probably because they’ve been better than us from pretty much day 1 of their existence.

You do? Blitz never knew

1 Like

I don’t think their list is as good as many claim it to be. Bunch of high picks on the list, but they’re all still 23 or under.

Like us, they’re still 2 years away

1 Like

Yeah unbalanced, their recruitment team is shithouse despite all the picks they’ve had.

I wouldn’t necessarily blame the recruiting team. They haven’t been able to retain players and no one wants to go there

■■■■ them, I hope they never see any success, fold and die

1 Like

Suns will beat tigers round 1. Dimma will be praised by the media.
Tigers fans won’t know how to react.

THE TIGER ARMY WONT LIKE THAT ONE BIT HOULI

1 Like

They’ll win their first final this season

AND YOU WILL LIKE IT

That might just finish me off

Someone important please change the thread title to -
Season 2024 - Glorious Gold Coast

2 Likes

Holy ■■■■, Rowell had 20 clearances yesterday. Bonkers

1 Like

Gold Coast always start the season like a house on fire. I’m not getting carried away just yet.