Season 2024 - Western Bulldogs

I reckon they’re hugely overrated and it shows. They have talent but lack cohesion and their role players are nowhere near as reliable as the ones they had in 2016. They might sneak into finals but can’t see them contending.

1 Like

They remind me of us. Look decent enough on paper, but pay like a bunch of individuals

2 Likes

Heading into season 2024, the seat under Bevo must be the hottest in the AFL. The Dogs have had one of the deepest lists in the league for a while now and have had only one year of real results since 2016.

I don’t envision them doing more than what they did last year. Maybe lower half of the 8 if luck falls their way

A better version of us because they have better players. Which makes it even more scandalous that they have a list full of talent that appears disconnected, lacking in motivation at times, and only shows effort selectively not unconditionally.

3 Likes

Hope they sack Bevo, Eagles pick him up and he ruins them for a decade.

1 Like

Bit harsh? Likes Freo I think though.

I hope that Bevo stays there for all eternity

100%

Id wager money they will go backwards

Bevo is done

$1.01 there’s a blow-up at a press conference with Tom Morris present! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Giving his premiership medal to that peanut headed freak was the cringiest moment of the past 10 years

2 Likes

For a team that has so much talent they also manage to be kind of….boring.

Bevo has taken over the mantle from Clakko as the most disgruntled coach in the league. Long gone are the days when he sounded logical and analytical, now he just sounds angry and annoyed all the time.

As for the Doggies? They have plenty of talent, but there are holes as well. Does Bevo have the skill to get them all pulling in the one direction? I doubt it muchly.

1 Like

The natural state of things being to barrack for Morris… urgh.

The increased obligations of coaches/players being available with media + Tom Morris’ return = delicous.

Disagree. Since Naughton went forward, and apart from Caleb Daniel, they always had nobodies in defence. Outside of their key forwards, their forwards are nobodies. Bevo is the worst coach in the league and his results (never finished top 4 once in his tenure) proves 2016 was a fluke. No injuries to their midfield is the only reason that they made another grand final.

2 Likes

It was the first season of the pre-Finals bye too. Had that Elimination Final in Perth taken place a week after the final H&A game as normal several Dogs players would not have been fit to play.

2 Likes

I like this summary

2 Likes

This one is better though

1 Like

Just farking fold already along with plastic clubs in gws and gold coast

2 Likes

Why not go all the way and go back to a 12 team comp?

Get rid of Dogs, GWS, Suns, Freo, FarkCarlton and Saints.

I assume everyone will still complain about the other teams though. So how about a 1 team comp with just us and we can win all the trophies without playing (playing is clearly our Achilles heal).

1 Like