Semi Final vs Footscray, 2:40pm Sunday 11 September at North Port Oval

Some of our guys went on holidays early during the third quarter, looked tired and disinterested. However our VFL was always being raided by Essendon, the team was always left wanting. Probably a good result considering all the changes during the season. Bring on 2017. At least we made the eight and the boys got some finals experience.

Who was little bloke for the doggies kicking the goals. Magic little player.

Last quarter stank but as others have said we lost it in the third. Can’t blame coach for poor goal kicking but what about 1 dimensional kick ins and lack of spread. So predictable. Also longy was very poor I thought (not the only one).

Listen to the stream and it sounds like we just gave up in the last quarter. Another failed season at the end of the day

It wasn’t a failed season and if you think that only winning a GF makes a successful season then you have no idea about sport at all.

We finished what 5th or 6th of course it’s a failed season. There is enough quality in that side to be pushing a top 4 possie.
A Prelim should of been the bare minimum this year

Geez man, talk about pessimistic attitude. We finished 8th on the ladder (Bullies 4th) and won our first finals match. Get a grip, this season was far from a failure.

Kommer, Edwards all deserves to stay IMO
Yep, should have kept Quinn when he won that Best and Fairest for Bendigo a few years back too.

Seriously.

■■■■ off, not the same side.

Right, so you’re saying Edwards who’s done absolutely nothing for 3 years deserves a contract based off one VFL game. F*ck me.

seriously WTF are you on about? The guy has a lot of talent and the list number is 44. It ain’t freaking 10. He deserves a spot based on today. With enough heart, chances are good that he’s gonna make it with that talent.

Just so we’re clear, we’re signing Edwards on a new contract based off todays VFL game? Is this the first time you’ve ever watched Edwards or do you stick to highlight packages and think the only reason why Woosha isn’t playing him is because of…something? Right up there as one of the more absurd calls on Blitz. Edwards papers have been stamped for a long time, he’s gone backwards big time this year. Talent means NOTHING if you’re a lazy, selfish player and showing glimpses at VFL level every so often doesn’t earn contracts.

That VFL team needs more midfield help for guys like Hams & Heppell me thinks. What Marigliani up to these days?

Geez kommer was good today. Would sooner have him go around again than jerret play out his contact frankly. Kommer Plays like every contest means something to him, brave at every ball, hard at every chase, and cleaner with the ball than one might expect. If there is ever a 50/50 to win jerret will not win ît. Waits for the ball too much, gets his eyes up before he secures the ball, panics when contact is coming.

That VFL team needs more midfield help for guys like Hams & Heppell me thinks. What Marigliani up to these days?

Rigga barely made it through last season intact.

Thanks for your services Kommer, Edwards, Ashby, Hams and all the top ups. It’s been quite a ride this 2016, despite the odds

Listen to the stream and it sounds like we just gave up in the last quarter. Another failed season at the end of the day

It wasn’t a failed season and if you think that only winning a GF makes a successful season then you have no idea about sport at all.

We finished what 5th or 6th of course it’s a failed season. There is enough quality in that side to be pushing a top 4 possie.
A Prelim should of been the bare minimum this year

Geez man, talk about pessimistic attitude. We finished 8th on the ladder (Bullies 4th) and won our first finals match. Get a grip, this season was far from a failure.

Well I thought we were a better team than where we finished. We beat Willy only a month ago and thrashed the Pies by 100. We had the Dogs on toast today and let it slip, we have definitely not taken our chances this year and I maintain we are top 4 material. Been plenty of individual wins for the year but as a team we havnt achieved our goal IMO
What Marigliani up to these days?
Retired (from VFL at least, think he went to play with mates at Noble Park) - was playing back pocket last season anyway.

We play a very “inside” game. Theres not a lot of outside run and carry. Mainly because of lack of pace - gut running doesnt create as much space in VFL - and many of our boys instinctively go inside rather than spread that couple of meters for the clearance.

We had little run in the last. Then the forwards started pushing up to stem the tide. Which removed the “emergency” kick and reset for the stoppages that we needed. Rarely won the field position, the ball stayed in motion at times we needed it not and we got bogged down in a circular problem.

Top effort by the boys today. Not good enough in the end but proud of them. Bring on trade season and the draft. Go bombers!

A pattern of somewhat disappointing finals at North Port continues. Been to several where a winning position didnt result in a win.

Geez kommer was good today. Would sooner have him go around again than jerret play out his contact frankly. Kommer Plays like every contest means something to him, brave at every ball, hard at every chase, and cleaner with the ball than one might expect. If there is ever a 50/50 to win jerret will not win ît. Waits for the ball too much, gets his eyes up before he secures the ball, panics when contact is coming.

Agreed! He kicked a couple of good goals, set up others. His pressure is something that most of our other forwards can’t do - he forced a turnover that led to a Francis mark and goal. He may not be the most talented, but he plays with a lot of spirit. There are plenty I would get rid of before him.

You could feel the game slipping at the ground half way through the last. Dogs were front running hanging goal side of the pack and they kept getting it out to them. We simply overcommitted to the contest which resulted in about three goals to them in the last. Great year by the boys however. Time for the list management to step in now and start shaping us for 2017

one positive, the boys finally get to launch in to mad monday.

That bloke Hanhan killed us in the last qtr

We were done long before it was getting to Hannan.

He could have been on our VFL list…

Kommer’s career desperately needed us to play two more weeks.

That turnover of 17 guys since our last final was brutal, and without Smack and a few others voluntarily left out it was a less balanced team. Freezer, the Ferryman and Big Jack did their part in filling some of those gaps but we couldn’t carry as many players as we did today.

Time for the club to make some tough calls now, if guys are struggling at VFL level what hope is there of them playing higher. Need a decent clean out

This seems like an odd post. I think the delistings basically do themselves, with the only odd one being Jackson being contracted, Smack seems to be getting another year and whether or not Long/Hams/McKenna go up or stay rookies.

Who would you have as being part of a “clean out” that Blitz hasn’t already had gawn for 2 mths now?

Time for the club to make some tough calls now, if guys are struggling at VFL level what hope is there of them playing higher. Need a decent clean out

This seems like an odd post. I think the delistings basically do themselves, with the only odd one being Jackson being contracted, Smack seems to be getting another year and whether or not Long/Hams/McKenna go up or stay rookies.

Who would you have as being part of a “clean out” that Blitz hasn’t already had gawn for 2 mths now?

Don’t think there are any more but just hope the club doesn’t show any leniency and keep guys like Kommer and Edwards for another year. I wouldn’t be keeping any of Kommer, Ashby, Edwards and I’d be putting feelers out for Jerrett to see if we can get anything for him.