Semi Final vs Footscray, 2:40pm Sunday 11 September at North Port Oval

I know the oval know why the honest hell is it being played there such a bad oval for football

Comma seemed to like it, you should get on terms with him

Umm well this is a little bit concerning… Hopefully they are terrible at predicting the future :smirk:

Umm well this is a little bit concerning… Hopefully they are terrible at predicting the future :smirk:

The written part is ok - just doesn’t reconcile with the scores shown!

The written part is ok - just doesn't reconcile with the scores shown!
VFL stats…
VFL stats…

Still better than VFL umpires

VFL stats…
Still better than VFL umpires
Still much better than AFL umpires.

From http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2016-09-06/dons-spurred-to-victory

“Last year the fans came out in the same force and it builds every week, I thought there was probably 80 per cent Essendon fans there on the weekend, it was amazing,” Egan said.

“Talking to the players after the game they said a few of them have never been on a field like that, it feels so intimate and every goal we kicked the fans were going crazy. It’s great for our young players to experience that sort of atmosphere.

“It was big but hopefully this week against the Bulldogs will be even bigger.”

From http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2016-09-06/dons-spurred-to-victory

“Last year the fans came out in the same force and it builds every week, I thought there was probably 80 per cent Essendon fans there on the weekend, it was amazing,” Egan said.

“Talking to the players after the game they said a few of them have never been on a field like that, it feels so intimate and every goal we kicked the fans were going crazy. It’s great for our young players to experience that sort of atmosphere.

“It was big but hopefully this week against the Bulldogs will be even bigger.”

Is there parking? I'm thinking of bringing my 2yo and pt from the outer east would be a big ask!

There’s some parking, although not all of it close by is unlimited, even on a Sunday.

Perhaps you might need something from the Bunnings on Williamstown Rd (Bridge St cnr) on Sunday. Something that takes you just over 3 hours to find?

Stolen from @ EssendonVFL

Hint to the team we’ll face, from the named AFL team.

In: J.Roughead, E.Wood, T.Liberatore, J.Stringer, J.Macrae
Out: W.Minson, K.Stevens, F.Roberts, N.Hrovat, B.Williams

Get nicked, Minson.

The Russian will destroy The Minson

Sorry for the lame questions, but…

There will probably be 6 of us attending, including 3 kids.
Will we be able to buy tix at the gate on the day, say 20mins before first bounce?
Does my EFC membership get me in for free?
Do you know cost of tix for adults / kids?

No doubt I could Google this, but I’m a lazy sod tonight.
(I’m so laaazy, I can’t even be boverred).

Can only buy tickets at the gate. If you’re that late, plan to go to the Ingles Street gate; there will be a queue.

Adults - $15 / Pensioners, Concession - $10 / Kids 12 & under - Free

Thanks DJR - I’ll aim to get us there earlier.

Can only buy tickets at the gate. If you’re that late, plan to go to the Ingles Street gate; there will be a queue.

I got there five minutes before the bounce on Saturday. Long queue at the main gate, literally no queue at Ingles St. 10/10 would recommend.

Dammit! I will be on a plane to the US. Straight onto Blitz when I land at LAX.

Dammit! I will be on a plane to the US. Straight onto Blitz when I land at LAX.

Probably arrive just in time to see the Hurley interview…probably.

Anyone who’s seen a bit of the VFL this year got thoughts on the ins and outs for Footscray? Is it a case of talent out but willingness in - as in the blokes coming back in wanting to be there and making for a more cohesive unit etc? They’ve been beaten up a bit recently, hate for us to come in even a little complacent. Also how big a factor is Minson these days, especially given Jamar was the difference for us last week? Appreciate any thoughts if you’ve got the time

They’ve got four guys coming back from injury in the seniors, so in theory the depth of their VFL team is substantially improved. Whether they all are actually ready to go for an AFL final is yet to be determined, there may yet be some changes.