Shane Savage

What are people’s thoughts on Shane savage? Always seems to perform at AFL level but starved of opportunity. Still on 22 years of age. Could really complement our midfield with his run and carry?

I have a soft spot for Savage. Comes from my Bulls. Good player, who will be a Dorks regular by the end of next season. Don't think we would have much chance prying him loose.

Agree Reboot but we can offer him senior games. Something the hawks can’t offer at all

I'd take him on our list no problemo, but I don't think he'll go anywhere. Would compliment our side very nicely though.

Agree Reboot but we can offer him senior games. Something the hawks can't offer at all

yeah since they had that witch stop their players from aging and made them imprevious to injuries.

there's just no way their 23rd player will ever get regular games next seaon.

Although wasn't Whitecross in their 22 until he blew his knee out for a whole nother year on the sidelines?

Well, they'll probably go in with 21 players for the GF this week and trry to find someone else other than Savage to give games to next season. Just to kind of dare Savage to walk.

Not going anywhere. Delete thread

Don't know if he's a certain starter for them anymore. They seem to play Anderson and Duryea ahead of him in the 2nd half of the year. 

He would be a trade, so again, it'll be hard to secure him. Would help our side a lot, still young and a fast mid who can drift fwd and snare some goals. 

Don’t really see why we’d go after him ahead of about four dozen other guys around the AFL.

Tool of the highest order

PS: i do know him and not just a 'that's what he seems like' quote. 

Signed a 3 year deal at the end of last season, so unless he actually asks for a trade, he's unlikely to move.

Don't know if he's a certain starter for them anymore. They seem to play Anderson and Duryea ahead of him in the 2nd half of the year. 

He would be a trade, so again, it'll be hard to secure him. Would help our side a lot, still young and a fast mid who can drift fwd and snare some goals.

Duryea was taking the games missed by Suckling.
Anderson and Savage were splitting the games left over by Rioli and Whitecross missing.
Now that Whitecross is out for next year, I'd say Savage should get his games next season.
Guerra may begin showing his age giving Duryea a small chance of getting games next season.
Anderson might get games should Burgoyne start showing his age as well.
Mitch Hallahan would be the one I'd try and take from the Hawks cheaply. He's been injury plagued the last few years, has finally begun getting games and had a great season. But he has no chance getting into a midfield with Hodge, Sewell, Mitchell, Hill, Smith and Shiels all ahead of him.

they have a stack of rucks who may suit....maybe....after Bailey, Hale, (and some Roughead time) there's Grimley, Lowden and Ceglar....potentially one of those could be unglued if you wanted....

Want the Hawks to play Jed Anderson in the GF. Think he could nearly reach the elite level on what i have seen so far. Hawks were canny in their trading with GWS.

Mitch Hallahan would be the one I'd try and take from the Hawks cheaply. He's been injury plagued the last few years, has finally begun getting games and had a great season. But he has no chance getting into a midfield with Hodge, Sewell, Mitchell, Hill, Smith and Shiels all ahead of him.

He's just on that precipice (3 years) of when guys start to look for more opportunities, but he was injured for his first year there which could factor into his thought process. I think he'd be more gettable next season if he doesn't get games, as it stands I think Hawthorn will want to hold onto him with Mitchell 31 and Sewell turning 29 next year - those are the 2 he's probably directly competing with as an inside mid and to a lesser extent Shiels though he's their tagger. Not sure how cheaply he'll be now either given Hawthorn can toss Liston Trophy winner into the conversation and jack the price up.

Surprised this guy is available. Would be a good get and compliment our midfield well. Not sure what we would have to give up?

Wow, those early thread posts...

Not going anywhere. Delete thread

Well you've lost all credibility.

Wow, those early thread posts...

Some apologies needed?

what about Fred Savage ?

So  . . . probably a decent small fwd option with a lot less K's on the clock & some ace.

Needs to get a different barber though