Sheedy - What's he up to?

How did Sheedy’s first four years compare to Bonba’s??

ignore function is great. I couldn’t find who Hap was arguing with

This thread title has been relevant for more than three decades.

I doube he is even allowed in the building while they're doing selection.

I’m not saying that. But the club has clearly had a strategy change. The selectors have moved to long view rather than short view.

I’m not 100% convinced yet about how long the view really is. Yes the selections of the last few weeks have indicated a long view, but they haven’t had much choice with the players available. But we’ll have a better in a few weeks (possibly even this week) when guys like Cooney, Chapman, Hocking, Melksham are all available for selection. I don’t want to see too many of the young guys tipped out to be honest.

Its pretty hard to promote this season. Having Sheeds do his stuff pre game and then the side going out and getting thrashed doesn't do any good.

After the Stkilda game we needed to bunker down. I’m thinking Sheeds would have been a strong wise influence in advising us to play the guys who haven’t had a chance.

IMO things could have got very ugly, club culture/history wise, if we’d let the Dees consolidate the debacle of the Stkilda match.

Whether it was Sheeds or whoever else, it was a wise move and a just move for all the players in the seconds who have not been given a chance and also the ASADA affected seconds players who have done everything asked of them and deserve a chance to show something at senior level.

Merely having Sheed’s at the club is such an asset, due to his football intelligence, experience and the reach across all sections of the football community.

Football intelligence is correct.

Kevin Sheedy. PhD ( Footy)

I"m saying he's a strong influence within the club. I'd imagine his counsel would be sought, amongst others. Especially when we're in a crisis. That's why he was brought back - to help rebuild the club. I"m attributing the decision on the change in strategy to the club as a whole. Might not be Sheeds. But he traditionally went back to the kids and so it wouldn't surprise me the club bunkering down a bit is partly his influence. Just my opinion. Not reasonable?

Its hard to know if the “Hand of Sheedy” is affecting selection.
For one thing, the selection committee are totally ignoring Blitz team selection advice every week so I suspect Sheeds is ignored as well.

Wasn’t he trying to organise a farmer appreciation round??

Last seen on a helicopter flying down to Geelong.

You guys aren’t looking hard enough.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/3542510534/01755f92d63bdfd791b8a5001052fb15_400x400.jpeg

I"m saying he's a strong influence within the club. I'd imagine his counsel would be sought, amongst others. Especially when we're in a crisis. That's why he was brought back - to help rebuild the club. I"m attributing the decision on the change in strategy to the club as a whole. Might not be Sheeds. But he traditionally went back to the kids and so it wouldn't surprise me the club bunkering down a bit is partly his influence. Just my opinion. Not reasonable?

Its hard to know if the “Hand of Sheedy” is affecting selection.
For one thing, the selection committee are totally ignoring Blitz team selection advice every week so I suspect Sheeds is ignored as well.

I remember viewing a video some weeks ago when Sheeds & Hird were commentating on something, and a comment was made by Sheeds about getting invited to team selection, and Hirdy said something to the effect that “you don’t need an invite, you turn up anyway”.

So maybe he is influencing team selection.

I’m not saying that. But the club has clearly had a strategy change. The selectors have moved to long view rather than short view.

Coincidently, that long-term-view change came around at …exactly the mathematical possibility for making finals disappeared. Weird. Sheedy must be a maths genius.

Melksham and heppell was asked this question at the sports night last night and they both said they were unsure and laughed. Said he is organising a farmers round to support farmers and that he has alot of more other ideas hes ever thinking of.

Thankyou kind sir. Appreciate that information.

Coincidently, that long-term-view change came around at …exactly the mathematical possibility for making finals disappeared. Weird. Sheedy must be a maths genius.

Pretty sure Sheeds prefers non-math-genii. No need for that highfalutin stuff.

FFS, Dogma is as transparent as a … a … …really transparent thing…

Teams going shitt, Hird must go, Hird is crap, Hird can’t coach, no mention of any Sheedy advice…

Team starts going alright, MUST be Sheedy involved. Lol… ■■■ off.

FFS, Dogma is as transparent as a .. a .. ..really transparent thing....

Teams going shitt, Hird must go, Hird is crap, Hird can’t coach, no mention of any Sheedy advice…

Ease off the abuse. You are off on a tangent.

I just posted something nice about Sheeds.

Its not exactly a good thing to be playing the kids because the season is over by round 13 but I said whoever decided it after the Saints loss probably made the right move. I took a guess Sheedy may have had an influence and heavily emphasised I could be wrong.

Regarding Hird Ive said he coached well last week and the week before that but Im not happy with being out of finals contention mid season and getting beaten by 110 points to bottom 4 sides.

in answer to the actual question in the thread title. Most likely spending a lot of time with sponsors and coterie’s behind the scenes, and helping out the marketing department.

FFS, Dogma is as transparent as a .. a .. ..really transparent thing....

Ease off the abuse. You are off on a tangent.

I just posted something nice about Sheeds.

Its not exactly a good thing to be playing the kids because the season is over by round 13 but I said whoever decided it after the Saints loss probably made the right move. I took a guess Sheedy may have had an influence and heavily emphasised I could be wrong.

Regarding Hird Ive said he coached well last week and the week before that but Im not happy with being out of finals contention mid season and getting beaten by 110 points to bottom 4 sides.

Well, you made your bed with your incessant anti Hird rhetoric over the best part of 3 yr’s Dodge, and you rarely & only begrudgingly give him any credit, so it’s hard not to see a veiled backhander in your post, and I wasn’t being abusive btw, that fk off was dismissive, as in Lol, get out… fair suck of the sav… etc.

Working with the Rodski in the Windy Hill Social Club.

Working with the Rodski in the Windy Hill Social Club.

Club should make something decent of the precinct.