Sheedy - What's he up to?

Had a thought bubble today which made me wonder what Sheedy is up to? Maybe I’m not in the right loop, or maybe I’m not reading the right threads, but I haven’t heard much of late?

Anyone know?

(Did try to search for a Sheedy thread, but the search button brings up every post with Sheedy in it… got bored… made new thread).

Stuff.

Yep. mostly “The good stuff” though… loves him a bit of Hex does Unca Kev .

I wondered this also. Usually a period of silence means a big announcement will happen. But it is strange there have been no “leaks” of anything at all.

Heard he is working at some secret off site location … Pharmacy of some sort … Top secret stuff … Possibly also involving Mexicans

Heard he is working at some secret off site location ... Pharmacy of some sort ... Top secret stuff ... Possibly also involving Mexicans

black ops?

Just noticed a promo for that fine Fletch 400 club shiraz on his twitter feed. Like to tipple a good red does our Sheeds !

Good question. Thought he was on the books now.

Last I saw of him was the presser with Rama for the clash for cancer.

No one has seen him since.

Heard he is working at some secret off site location ... Pharmacy of some sort ... Top secret stuff ... Possibly also involving Mexicans

black ops?

SAY THAT AGAIN

Its pretty hard to promote this season. Having Sheeds do his stuff pre game and then the side going out and getting thrashed doesn’t do any good.

After the Stkilda game we needed to bunker down. I’m thinking Sheeds would have been a strong wise influence in advising us to play the guys who haven’t had a chance.

IMO things could have got very ugly, club culture/history wise, if we’d let the Dees consolidate the debacle of the Stkilda match.

Whether it was Sheeds or whoever else, it was a wise move and a just move for all the players in the seconds who have not been given a chance and also the ASADA affected seconds players who have done everything asked of them and deserve a chance to show something at senior level.

Merely having Sheed’s at the club is such an asset, due to his football intelligence, experience and the reach across all sections of the football community.

I doube he is even allowed in the building while they’re doing selection.

I doube he is even allowed in the building while they're doing selection.

I’m not saying that. But the club has clearly had a strategy change. The selectors have moved to long view rather than short view.

…and what does that have to do with Sheedy?

I mean obviously in your head James Hird is a complete moron, and anything good that does happen is in spite of him, not because of him, but I still don’t see what Sheedy has to do with it?

I"m saying he’s a strong influence within the club. I’d imagine his counsel would be sought, amongst others. Especially when we’re in a crisis. That’s why he was brought back - to help rebuild the club. I"m attributing the decision on the change in strategy to the club as a whole. Might not be Sheeds. But he traditionally went back to the kids and so it wouldn’t surprise me the club bunkering down a bit is partly his influence. Just my opinion. Not reasonable?

We pay 20-30 people in the football department to do particular jobs relating to football. List management & direction, selection, coaching, etc etc. But you’re right, I’m sure they do ask some other guy from a different department what to do. That seems logical.

Its pretty hard to promote this season. Having Sheeds do his stuff pre game and then the side going out and getting thrashed doesn't do any good.

After the Stkilda game we needed to bunker down. I'm thinking Sheeds would have been a strong wise influence in advising us to play the guys who haven't had a chance.

IMO things could have got very ugly, club culture/history wise, if we’d let the Dees consolidate the debacle of the Stkilda match.

Whether it was Sheeds or whoever else, it was a wise move and a just move for all the players in the seconds who have not been given a chance and also the ASADA affected seconds players who have done everything asked of them and deserve a chance to show something at senior level.

Merely having Sheed’s at the club is such an asset, due to his football intelligence, experience and the reach across all sections of the football community.

They weren’t dropped the following week, so nup!

Not this ■■■■ again.
Seriously.

Melksham and heppell was asked this question at the sports night last night and they both said they were unsure and laughed. Said he is organising a farmers round to support farmers and that he has alot of more other ideas hes ever thinking of.