Shepparton Community Camp 5th Feb 2024

Lots of Rain was forecast but it held off till the Super Clinic was finished. There was a great mood among friends and family as the boys spent valuable time with many children rapped to meet these AFL stars. These guys are just fantastic ambassadors for the club and mixed well with all present from the youngest kids to the oldest parents and relatives. Their obvious interest in helping the children on their football journey was noticed by many. Red Dog was into everything with great enthusiasm getting down on his knees to help the smallest learners. Jake Kelly was fantastic even giving time to ask questions of an old-timer and showing great interest. As Essendon supporters the boys did us proud. I will follow with a few pictures although I’m sure the Essendon website will give better ones.

38 Likes

Here’s some photos from the day.

42 Likes

Thanks for the update. Hopefully Bomber fans up there get along to the sessions :clap::clap:

1 Like

Open session tomorrow (Tuesday) at 1000hrs

4 Likes

Harsh on those kiddies.

3 Likes

Thanks heaps Kialla - looks like wholesome stuff, and it’s easy for the club to underestimate the importance of this. I nearly switched to Richmond as a kid when they came my way.

Did Jake have any info about his wing role (if you asked)?

2 Likes

No discussion on Kelly’s wing role, sorry. If I have a chance at the training session today, I’ll ask him.

1 Like

Ask him if he reads Blitz?

2 Likes

I truly hope not. :flushed:

4 Likes

Hi Brewer. I asked Jake today and he said he definitely prefers the wing.

2 Likes

Lol, had to read that twice. Thought someone from QAnon was posting.

Anyway, great work Kialla! You look like your avatar … and you even wear that hat.

PS. not an actual picture of me:

3 Likes

so humbert, are you saying you don’t look like a young Mr Magoo?