Simmo picks some fights

A good post, articulated better than I could have.

Lets face it, we are not going to win a premiership or even be a consistent top 4 team with the list we have and the selection policy we have.

We can see it, sporting commentators can see it, other teams supporters can see it but the Board is blind to it. It’s frustrating.

The club has very little direction other than to be commercially successful, it’s happy to be 8th or 9th every year.

There is a glimmer of hope with Rutten and Caracella and the players aged 25 and under and we just want to see a way forward. I don’t mind if we lose as long as the players try and there is evidence that there is a bigger picture.

Our selection policy is a complete mystery. The team that was chosen against Adelaide gave no indication of where we are going as a club other than to scrape a win against the bottom side.

1 Like

This thread is gonna be a total flop if nobody at all has a fight with Simmo.

3 Likes

you really wanna be it, don’t you Peos

shrugs
I gave it a crack.

Also, Simmo smells.

1 Like

smells amazing, yes

I’m also trying to not get as wound up an agitated by the football and I do think following blitz makes us more highly strung.

A lot of us come here for inside goss or to talk about Essendon, but when I talk to family and other Essendon fans who aren’t on Blitz they are no less informed about who is injured and who we might trade in etc. They also seem to enjoy the wins more and move on more quickly from losses, but still watch or go the next week.

What is it, Louis Vuitton?
Such a fancy boy.

In order
Winning is what matters most cos this leads to premierships And helps makes living worthwhile.
Then
Player development / improvement. We need heroes. Tippa Parish and Ridley give us real hope.
Coach quality; game day, media, selling candy.
How we win/flair/style; ‘learning’. We can’t always be the 1993 or 2000 Bombers.
A bit of luck.
Stability of club. We are like the rock of Gibraltar!!

Every club is frustrating. Every club makes poor draft selections.
Only one club wins the flag every year.
Every dog has its day; Richmond, Bulldogs. There is no perfect club
There are basket case clubs Carlton Melbourne StKilda

We have a lot more +++ than - - - - but when Mckernan gives away his 10th free kick for jumper pulling you want to kick the telly. As Alan Jeans famously observed …football is a game of mistakes; the team that makes the fewer mistakes wins the game.

What does this rambling post mean??
I love the Bombers warts and all !!!

1 Like

What are we gonna do, have a sarcasm fight?

Geez, that’d be riveting.

2 Likes

the thing i’ve found out about this place is, peoples opinion of other peoples opinions are generally more negative than those of the people posting their opinions.

case in point, i could point out that in rebuttal to one of simmo’s earlier points that we’ve beaten 18,17,16 and 14th (as well as 7th).
yet that’s considered negative ?
why cos i’m focussing on the FACT we’ve only beaten 1 decent team, and then beaten and barely mind you the bottom end of the dregs ?

When people did it with port and mocking them about their over inflated position re who they’ve played, was that being negative ?

There aren’t many actual negative people on here, it’s just a cratchphrase some people like to run with in their tribal approach to life, like with any social issue at present, you’re either fully with us in every aspect we deem, or you’re against us, and if you’re against us we will attack you with everything we have.
Just like the john cleese video, Extremism is rewarding cos it makes people feel moral superior and inturn gives them a right to act whatever way they want, because they are fighting for the ultimate good.

Sport’s a polarising thing, much like religion & politics. It’s why you very rarely see me discussing those other two subjects online. Forums are terrible places for discussion, ironically.

1 Like

My post made it on here.
“Win this and we could be equal 2nd with a game in hand depending on other results. I don’t know what everyone is getting so worked up about. We should win this easy. Crows by 1 point.”
I was taking the ■■■■ with that one but can see how it can be taken either way. I actually think we will win every game we play since I can remember but that’s probably due to growing up in the 80s and 90s when we were a real powerhouse and still expecting it to happen.

1 Like

We had 7 players with less than 50 games, and 15 with less than 100. Take out McKernan, Townsend and Phillips of that 15 and surely it’s obvious we’re building the next generation while Heppell/Stringer/Shiel/Daniher/Hooker are out.

1 Like

I just thought we’d lose after being as horrid as we were against Footscary.

Is Lynx Africa not fancy?

2 Likes

You’re not very good at this fighting stuff.

I’m sorry :frowning:

1 Like

Too many people are like this:

They’re only happy if THEY are “winning”.

I’d say ‘ain’t nobody got time for that’, but that would be a lie.

3 Likes

For the record, I’m not sure this place is particularly more negative than it has been. 2010 was a pretty depressing year to be on blitz, and that was before the saga came along and took a giant dump on football enjoyment.

It’s the vitrol, both at players and each other, that has gotten out of hand on here I reckon.

Too many personal spats clog up the forum, and it’s friggin tedious to read. Plus, some of the stuff said about our players is just… Not cool.

Good, solid, back and forth is one thing (and sometimes the highlight of a forum) but personal digs have become a mainstay now, and I think that’s a bit pathetic.

If you’re having a footy argument with somebody, and you need to resort to personal digs… You’ve lost the argument.

9 Likes