Simon Madden

Just a quick question. 

i was having a discussion with some guy on facebook who steadfastly believes the Simon Maddern (yes spelt that way) had the nickname Spider.

After attending 100s of games in the 80's and 90's never once did i hear him referred as this. 

Im right aren't I?

thanks

Just a quick question. 

i was having a discussion with some guy on facebook who steadfastly believes the Simon Maddern (yes spelt that way) had the nickname Spider.

After attending 100s of games in the 80's and 90's never once did i hear him referred as this. 

Im right aren't I?

thanks

Never heard it myself.

Maybe he's thinking of Spider Everitt. Spider Burton. Spiderman. Lime Spiders?

spider mcglurk

Saw the majority of his games and I never once heard him called that

Thank you gents

I went to school with Simon and he was never referred to by that nickname. In fact he never had a nickname other than "Simple" and sometimes "Mary" in reference to his then girlfriend who became his wife.

I went to school with Simon and he was never referred to by that nickname. In fact he never had a nickname other than "Simple" and sometimes "Mary" in reference to his then girlfriend who became his wife.

Saw all 562 of vfl games ,never heard spider from fellow fans.i used to call him good,really farking good.best ruck an I have seen.i am biased but I'm not wrong

remember watching him and the general (ian paton) in one of the 80s grannies. it was the most pathetic box on ive ever seen. both werent really sure how hard to hit and even where to hit and were so knackered from grappling and shaping up they just sort of fell over at the end and sat down for a bit.

it was like watching two babies fight over a rattle then falling asleep on each other.