Sneaky speculation on changes vs Richmond - 2020 round 12 - Dreamtime at the TIO

We may drop our kids regularly but how often do we drop our long term players and some others who seem to get just a bit more leeway, who do the same. Hardly ever. Can you imagine us saying it as it is. Hardly ever certainly not like Hinkley. We are too soft.

2 Likes

Great words from the guys.

Smack in the clip perhaps means he keeps his spot

Have they all been eating cheetos, prior to filming?

1 Like

Eating umpires?

Grim but fair.

2 Likes

no JD. . ohhhh

1 Like

Fun fact for everyone to lift the confidence going into tomorrow nights match;

Essendon have beaten Richmond in every contest played outside the G since 1994.

Side note - We have only played Richmond once outside the G since 1994.

13 Likes

We blew the 4pts vs GWS

We simultaneously got both lucky and blew 2pts vs GC

Our pathetic ball use/4 day break/half best out did us over vs Saints

So this is do or die.

If we miraculously pull the rabbit out of the hat vs Tigers we are still alive

Hooker & JD back next week
Fantasia week after and Hep surely must be close too.

Likely all too late though

Seeing GC take it up to Richmond last week gives you sliver of hope only we might be able to do the same. They didn’t stuff around with it though, they attacked through the corridor and their pressure was immense up until last quarter when fell away and couldn’t withstand the tide.

3 Likes

I agree on both points

1. We should have beaten the suns - dominated the 2nd half and suns should have beaten Richmond IMHO.

2. We will get these guns back but will take 2-3 games at least to get back to their best given their length absence. So unless we play finals they won’t help a whole heap

Ridley rumoured to be out

2 Likes

Please explain - managed?? Now we didn’t see that coming.

Can’t find anything. Where did you see this?

They have a few better qualities - but Phillips can’t kick, and TBell isn’t mobile enough. Hence - TBell+Draper would be the best current combo until something in the form of forwards/ruck changes.

The Tigers are gettable. Genuinely so.

I don’t think we will - but more because we always drop the fcking ball in marquee games.

But they are gettable.

I can’t see it officially anywhere either, so I’ll amend my post. I just got told by someone who is normally pretty spot on with these sort of things but I shouldn’t be so definitive.

1 Like

fkn what???

We have not rocked up mentally to a dreamtime game for years.

3 Likes

If the Ridley ‘rumour’ turns out to be true then Francis is going to have to step up big time. May be just the motivation he needs. Hopefully someone will have a quiet word in his ear.

Any side is ‘gettable’ on the right day. It depends on attitude and effort. Isn’t the saying that ‘90% of football is played above the shoulders’? Sadly, we seem sorely lacking in both effort and attitude at the moment.
Remember, the Dogs beat us in 2020 when we were flying! So, come on Bombers - now is the time to actually do something.

If Ridley is out we will win

1 Like