So... should we mock those who wouldn't make plans for September?

7 Likes

I think it’s almost a certainty if we beat the doggies this week. Massive game for them too, they really have to best us to have any chance imo.
My predicting skills tell me the 8 is almost set now

Will beat the doggies like the saints, Joey to kick five and be in front in the Coleman race. Lose to carlton as Casboult slots one from 50 after the siren. Scrape past the crows. Lose to the suns, as Gazza racks up 40+ touches and Lynch kicks a bag. Just beat the dockers to have an elimination final against Sydney, only to have Rohan outmuscle Gleeson in the goalsquare and kick the winner in the dying seconds.

1 Like

Kennedy will romp the Coleman in. He’s a machine, but sadly that won’t save the Eagles

I’m not sure I want port or Sydney the first week interstate

2 Likes

3 teams vying for the 1 spot. We’re focussing on the Dogs but the Eagles are a major threat even though their away games are against the Saints and Giants with their last home game against the Crows (who may have sewn up top spot by then and not too fussed about the result). Actually, the Dogs have a lot of winnable games too. I guess the good thing is Essendon’s fate is in their hands. Go Bombers!

1 Like

So you’re saying in so many words that Ambo-aside, the best 22 is the actual 22?

1 Like

I’m trying not to put everything into this Doggies game because if we lose I’ll be too shattered.

Realistically we need to win 3 out of our remaining 5 to make finals.

We can drop the Doggies and Crows game and still make it. In fact, dropping those games would probably prevent us dropping one of our winnable games (Carlton, Suns, Freo).

That being said, I so want to beat the Doggies…and Carlton so that the last 3 rounds aren’t a massive amount of pressure.

Just focus on beating the dogs, and hope a few other results go our way to help out.

The bulldogs have torn us apart the last few times we have played them, i want payback.

6 Likes

I can’t believe that everyone thinks Gold Coast game is a certain win.

Forget Carlton or Freo. I can’t see us winning this one.

■■■■ all the other games bar this week… we get it done against the reigning premiers our belief will contue to build.

3 Likes

Depends if Abeltt is playing…they can’t get near it with him out of the side…

Not sure if others have noticed but there’s a conviction from some of the press about Essendon playing finals. I think they’ve picked up on the vibe. They sense momentum building, mainly because Essendon’s best is so dynamic. Get past the Dogs and a few more will want tickets to the Bomber train.

3 wins in a row for the first time since 2014 … wouldn’t it be great if the boys get on a roll having broken that duck? It feels like they’ll be up for the challenge this week.

4 Likes

Agreed about the Suns.

After the Sydney game, I thought we had a mix of W’s, L’s and 50/50’s for the rest of the season-

W’s - Brisbane, North, Carlton and Freo.
50/50’s - Collingwood, Saints, Doggies and Suns.
L’s - Adelaide.

I thought we’d get the 4 wins and (conservatively) 2 of the 50/50 games. Which would get us 6 wins and 48 points (which should be enough for finals).

Right now, we’ve actually won more of the 50/50 games than the W’s. Happy to drop off the Suns game if we win against Carlton, Freo and Doggies/Crows.

We’re in the 8 now, and play 3 of the remaining 5 games against bottom 5 teams, who are all going to be playing with the draft order in mind.

Only 1 game against a top 8 side.

We sure as fark should be making finals from here.

19 Likes

people overrate the dogs.

The premiers?

1 Like

The come from 7th and have an arm chair ride from the umpires premiers. Yes, they’re not awesome.

Anyway, should we make finals you’d only want to avoid Sydney and Adelaide. The rest of them are as useless as us.

8 Likes

THEY HAVE A FUNNY BANNER GUY!!11!!1!!

6 Likes

In the past 10 years, they still have a flag and we don’t. Deserved or not.

1 Like