So... should we mock those who wouldn't make plans for September?

I copped so much sh*t for us getting bent over to that mob. Took the missus (whos entire family are avid fuckton supporters too I might add) and we both sat in the ■■■■■■ rain watching those fuckwits humiliate us. Sad part was I was so certain we’d get done I put money on them pre game as soon as I knew it was gonna rain. We owe them a 10 goal hiding.

If we beat the dogs and bury Carlton, we will be the form team of the game and eyeing a home final

It’s so close. We all want it so bad. Just give us and the players a big final at the G

8 Likes

Yeah I agree. I’m worried we will go full Richmond. Still think we are found out by well coached sides.

Whilst you could argue we should of beaten sydney.and were unlucky, I’d counter that Sydney also had an off night.

And of our really good wins, they are against teams who notoriously travel poorly to Melbourne. port, Eagles or inconsistent themselves.(eg Saints).

The good sides and this year that’s Adelaide, GWS(when they lose the attitude) and Sydney I’m yet to be convinced we can shade. Mind you I am full lid off for making finals.

Can’t go full Lloydy.

Win the next 2 and as WOB said, we will have a home final, 90,000 at the ■■■■■■■ G on a Saturday afternoon and I get to watch it from Osaka.

Damn you football gods and my perpetual pessimism

4 Likes

And Geelong. I’m guessing they had an off night though…

4 Likes

Does it.

1 Like

If we beat the Dogs (and I believe we will), Carlton better hope for a lot of fkn rain again.
We are looking at a FULL strength side for their game.

Imagine heading into the Crows game with 5 wins on the trot, and a little gap between ourselves and the 9th placed team.
Etihad will be rockin’ !

3 Likes

Getting way ahead of ourselves in here.

5 Likes

Just out of interest, if we did manage to snag a home final, would it be at Etihad?

I’m trying to reign myself in because the disappointment will be terrible.

It’s hard knowing that the finals opportunity is completely in our hands…with everything going for us.

If we were going to beat the Dogs, now is the time. And if we do, I’ll be beside myself with excitement.

Come on dons!!

Dees at the G and give them a belting with JoeD giving a crying Hibbo a hug in the last.

1 Like

Not if it were against a Melbourne team, I reckon.
Actually - it would be stupid for us to have any final at Etihad.

2 Likes

That’s what I was thinking. I think against a Sydney/west Coast/port would be Etihad though.

28 scoring shots to 25. Loved that win but Geelong were not at their best. From memory didn’t losing to us was the last straw after being ■■■■ for a month or more then they went on a winning streak double or tripling their tackling count.

Would also depend what other Melb finals are on, if any. With a lot of interstate games, you’d think we’d be at the G regardless, even against an interstate team.

I think the only ever home final we’ve played at Etihad was vs West Coast IIRC - one of Lloyd or Lucas was knocked out just prior to half time and we went on to belt them. Could have been '04? Actually I think it was, because the next week we beat Melbourne in that game Hirdy got ironed out by whatshisface…

1 Like

2002 we played the Eagles in an Elimination Final at Colonial. Lloyd knocked out prior to half time and we pulled away late after a seesawing contest. 2004 was the Elimination Final against Melbourne. Our last ever finals win and after Hirdy got ironed out he fittingly ended the match with the ball in his hands.

2 Likes

We must be the first team in history to have 36 premiership points without actually winning a game. The opposition lost it.

17 Likes

We’d fill it easily, I’d say.

Some people love hating on this club KM. I get that we haven’t had success in a long time but we finally show something and all they can do is excuse it away.

5 Likes