So... should we mock those who wouldn't make plans for September?

Carlton play a brand of football that makes it hard to absolutely belt them and Port have GC on their home patch and hold a slight lead on percentage. Port also have the advantage of playing after Sydney.I can’t see Sydney finishing fourth when all that is taken into account.

Edit: they would also need Richmond to lose one. Sydney will finish either 5th or 6th imo

Why not, we gave them their last finals win

4 Likes

My therapist advised me not to remember that.

5 Likes

I remember blitz celebrating that we were playing Carlton in an elimination final in 2011.

Garunteed win apparently

A win against the Purples and we are Spetember bound!

as were the v late goals vs the Dogs and Crows damaging…

If Richmond fark up and finish 6 we better hope we sneek into 7th because otherwise we’ll likely be headed to a hiding up in Sydney. I’d give us some chance against port over there if that is 5v 8. I’d rather not leap frog Melbourne just to face Sydney though.

Anyways let’s beat Freo first

For the truly paranoid: the Saints need to make up around 22 goals on us next week. Surely Rance has that covered for us.

1 Like

You know it is possible (and given our luck) likely that Crows will want to lose top spot and lose to Eagles to avoid a showdown first final. If Port have 4th sewn up then Crows would be better to lose and play Geelong or Richmond.

I know they smashed Port a couple of weeks back but surely they would want to avoid it.

So the perfect conspiracy.

The Crows belted Port in recent game. I think they’d much rather them than the Cats/Tigers.

1 Like

They were something like 80 points up at half time the last time they met Richmond. They will just need to go on with it this time. :wink:

Yep. Crows are licking their lips at playing the downhill skiers

Anyone watching Freo vs Richmond.
Fark me, if we don’t beat Freo by 10 goals plus we don’t deserve to play finals.

A finals spot really should be out of reach of West Coast by the time their game starts next week.

4 Likes

Give Joe the Coleman now, will kick 8 minimum against Freo

2 Likes

If Geelong wins at home versus GWS, then Adelaide can’t drop from first without one or both of those games breaking the records for points scored and greatest margin.

But if Geelong and Richmond lose, then yeah, Port and Sydney are the likely fourth placers, and in an ideal world Adelaide would prefer to avoid both of them.

In an ideal world, however, they’d prefer not to have to think back four weeks to their last win…

1 Like

(The recent win over Port was a home game, by the way, whereas a final would be relatively neutral.)

Yeah but I’d rather it was us that stood in their way, yknow fate in our hands and all that. Otherwise we’ll just blame Melbourne for letting them win, etc.

God I want us to make the 8, get Richmond at the G weel1.

Week 2 Geelong off a loss.

Week 3 a scrap in Sydney. (much preferred over AO)

Week 4 Last dance.

Let it be so footy gods.

7 Likes

Can we lose next week and still make it? Because we don’t win more than three in a row. I’d hate to go into finals on a 2-0 streak.

Richmond will smack the Saints next week too.

If we win it’s either going to be Port or Syd we play.

2 Likes