So... should we mock those who wouldn't make plans for September?

Melbourne even with their recent poor form are as safe as houses I reckon

I’ve got us finishing 8th.
Bulldogs beat GWS, Port & Hawthorn.
Port beat Pies & Suns.
Sydney beat Freo & Carlton.
We beat Freo & Suns.

Melbourne and the Saints are the two big variables who could leap above us depending on whether they show up or not.
Saints have West Coast, Melbourne, North & Richmond and are likely to win 2 games and the have the 50/50 game against Melbourne. I still don’t trust Richmond, but I trust them more than the Saints.
Melbourne have St Kilda, Brisbane & Collingwood and are likely to win 2 games with the 50/50 game against Melbourne.

1 Like

Good that Collingwood have found form. Go Pies!

If Melbourne lose to the Saints, they may not make up enough % on us in the last 2 Rounds to surpass us (assuming we lose to the Crows).
Even with Brisbane and Collingwood in the last 2 games, those sides are playing some competitive footy.

With your scenario of Melb def. the Saints next week, we wouldn’t have to worry about Rich needing to beat the Saints in the last Rd.

2 Likes

I remember the last three times we made the finals, when playing crucial games against ordinary teams, we just limped in with scrappy wins or lost and got lucky with other teams losing.

Watching us play against Brisbane, Kangaroos, Bulldogs and Carlton, nothing has changed. We can’t handle the pressure comes with being favorites and when you add the pressure of crucial game for making finals, we become jelly.

Geelong is the opposite to us, they keep winning games with average teams against everyone. Keeps making Prelims even after pretty much all of their legends have retired. It has become normality for them.

70% of it is mental side of it. We need to hire the best sports psychologist.

We have no chance against GC. We will really struggle against Freo. Might scrape into 8 still if we are lucky.

5 Likes

Sorry but that is a bit over overkill.

What I see this season is two sides really worthy of finals footy. And that’s Adelaide and Sydney. And the later have the depth of a puddle on their list…which is why they couldn’t buy a win for the first six weeks.

It’s a very tough comp. Anyone thought the doggies and swans gamed this season took a lot out of the squad? Similar results after each. Thankfully we got the choccies against Carlton.

Look how the dogs played this weekend - down just like us and this is the side who won the flag from 7th last year. Last week’s game was absolute champagne footy (save the junk time). Had we kicked straighter yesterday we win by 4-5 goals min

The improvement in this side is going to be evident when we play the Crows.

Harsh ■■■■■■ crowd here on our squad and coaching staff.

Give us perhaps one more crack mid who works both ways and we would bettering Cameron’s giants, prob crows too.

With Hooker we beat the swans at the peak of their powers on their home turf.

Only an Essendon supporter would look at us so glass half empty.

■■■■■ me.

Oh and Barrett(stating the farkin obvious) is right. Ryder + Hibberd make us prob top four. Paddy has made ports mids look like rolls Royces

3 Likes

If we sneak into the 8, we could do damage as we seem to play well against good teams

Did my predictor.

I have us L/W/W to end the year.

Melbourne is the team that will probably pip us for 8th.

They have SAints, lions and Pies.

Like right now, we are all wanting thE Saints to beat both the Weagles and Dees, and whilst they may finish on the same points as us- they won’t make up the %

If the Saints beat the Dees we are a real show…

You’re delirious

1 Like

found some accomodation for the end of season trip in Port Douglas. Looks affordable too, so won’t increase the clubs debt. Not sure if the floors are spongey though.

6 Likes

Not sure how much damage we are capable of but atleast we would be more competitive than West Coast, St Kilda or Melbourne

2 Likes

Well St. Kilda beating the Eagles helps us a fair bit (unless the Saints win the next 3 games in which case it doesn’t help us).

i still think we need to win 13 unless dees or dogs cough up one they shouldn’t or port plays out of their skin at the dome against the dogs

All 3 of of the dogs games will be tough (depending on how hard Hawks are trying in the last round). They could easily drop 2.

Anyway, I reckon we win all 3 and we’ll finish 6th. Lose one and we’ll be 9th.

13 wins could go as high as fourth.
12 wins 10th and out of finals.

This weekend is our elimination final

they’ll be more upsets coming up I reckon.

Carlton a chance v West Coast, Norf can beat the Saints and Bulldogs can go 0-3 in the next 3 rounds.

Freo can get the Swans too hopefully.

Destiny in our own hands now.
2 and we could scrape in
1 and we need a huge miracle

I don’t think Port are a sure thing either.

Adelaide, Sydney, Richmond and prob GWS to me look safe.

Everyobe else shaky. Will depend how hard those teams who are now out of finals play.

Ie surely a few kids get a go and blokes get retirement games when your out of the 8.

we’re so done

2 Likes

I know Collingwood have a decent record away versus Port, but in all likelihood all Port has to do is beat Gold Coast at home in the last round. Lose the other three and their percentage should still get them in.