So... should we mock those who wouldn't make plans for September?

Yes, Jobe announcing his retirement certainly adds a new dynamic. Will it equate to a win? Gee, I hope so for lots of reasons. I know it’s 22 v 22 but the Crows are the top team for a reason.

Since the bye …
The Crows lost to the Hawks
Scraped in against the Blues away
Smashed Dogs at home (Dogs form ordinary at that stage)
Smashed Dees at TIO (Dees are so up and down + were keen to turn the tables)
Just got home against the Cats at home
Drew with the Pies away (after being 50 points down … that’s the negative)
Smashed Port at home

I know it’s grasping at straws but their away form is nothing like their home form. If Essendon come to play, they’ll win. Hopefully the emotion of the night doesn’t get the better of them and they stay focussed on the prize.

Go Bombers!

2 Likes

Im praying we get tigers at the G and murder them.

3 Likes

Hopefully they start believing their own press again. Every second article now is about them winning the flag.

Dustin Martin

We won’t win this week so it will put us a game out of the 8.

Even if we somehow beat GC and assume we beat freo 12 wins won’t be enough to get us in.

Melbourne and Bulldogs round out the 8

Sydney and Lions loss killed us

may not be enough. There will be upsets somewhere I’d say

Some really important games in r23. Some of these results will help:
Dogs lose Hawks
Melb lose to Pies
Saints lose to Tigers
WC lose to Adelaide

12 wins is going to be enough to get a team into the 8. I still think that can be us.

Not getting belted this week is almost as important as other results. But I reckon we are a real chance.

4 Likes

You have to think it’s Mebourne’s spot to lose.
Favourites Vs the Saints and then Brisbane and Collingwood.

Saints are cooked. even if they get over Melbourne they will need to beat Richmond in the last round.

West Coast are also cooked. GWS and Adelaide in the last two rounds.

Western Bulldogs are the most interesting. They really have 3 50/50 games. GWS, Port and Hawks.

So put us down for two wins and this could be enough, but we need the Saints to get over Melbourne this weekend to make it easier for us.

4 Likes

We will win all three ye of little faith.

Go Bombers!

4 Likes

Once we beat Adelaide it will be our spot to lose. We’ll probably do it spectacularly on the last day of the year :frowning:

Where do Melbourne play Brisbane? If it’s up there Brisbane will really push them

It’s at the MCG

Oh, well that sucks

brissie’s a chance, no hogan

Hogan has hardly had an impact all year and Melbourne are where they are.
As someone said, it’s Melbournes spot to lose. 3 very winnable games at the MCG, compared to the relatively hard run of the Bulldogs and West Coast, and our finish against the smoking hot top team and a tricky little game up on the Gold Coast.

I might be pessimistic, but my view of Saturday night is minimising the damage, hoping we don’t lose too much percentage. We’ve had a pretty good run with injuries so far this season, but we’ve been hit hard this week, and playing the Crows really isn’t ideal.

In the end, if we miss, we only have ourselves to blame (losses vs Sydney and Brisbane).

Beat Adelaide and it makes up for one those horror losses.

4 Likes

Beat Adelaide and prove we can beat the top team. That’s the sort of confidence we should aim to take into the finals. Without that we’re just making up the numbers.

2 Likes

Best way to replace someone near the end would obviously be someone who’s actually at the end.

1 Like

Nice seeing the dogs going down to gcs, at 3/4 time their % is 101.1