So... should we mock those who wouldn't make plans for September?

No it’s not. If there is any chance at all at winning a flag, then the choice is ALWAYS yes. You never ever ever count yourself out. That’s ridiculous. A coach taking that option should be fired and never coach again.

Think about the logic behind that.

1 Like

logic pfft

who has got time for logic

4 Likes

Same old rowrow.
Go for the gold, rowrow.

1 Like

Lol. Great. Essington…

i don’t i have ever heard him called rowrow lol

I’m so using that from now on

Look I’m all lid off.

But deep deep down in side I know we are probably benefiting from a soft draw. We could easily be over achieving. Hard to tell.

We have a terrible record against sides in the 8. Geelong,Port and Melbourne. I don’t rate Port particular outside of Adelaide and the cats were in a massive form hole when we played them.

I think Sydney kicking straight, Adelaide,GWS, Geelong most days and look probably the bulldogs all still have us.

Our engine room is a 2 stroke mower up against some v8s.

1 Like

Are you sure??

That was how Bomber referred to him in near every presser, . remember?

I heard him called Ro Co the other day in that pod cast that was posted. I guess that’s likely common but i hadn’t heard it.

Bomber called him that? had no idea

Yeah but timing, we were in good form when we lost those other 2, we really should have won those 2, they were at the pointy end, and we stuffed it

He can fark off. Hindsight is wonderful.

1 Like
2 Likes

Five games will decide our season, our last two and the Dogs’ last two (Port and Hawthorn) plus the Melb. v Pies clash. If we don’t win our last two it’s irrelevant, but one of the other three must go our way and I can see that happening. I don’t count WC in the equation, they just aren’t good enough to win even one of their remaining games against the top two. They may have been a chance against Adelaide if not for the bye but given the break the Crows will be there to play their best footy.

Hoping Port will do us a favour this weekend, that would be ideal. The bookies have the teams at similar odds and that sounds about right. I hope they turn up and they should given that they can’t afford to lose if they are a chance to finish fourth. They should be desperate.

It’s not ideal that Essendon are relying on other games to make it but at less we’re a chance. Go Bombers! Go Port! Go Pies! Go Hawks! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It’s not inconceivable that both Geelong and Richmond fall out of the top 4.
Both those sides finishing 5th and 6th is gold for Melb and Ess.

We’ll have a good indication after this Round.

• Syd def. Adel
  • Port def. WB
  • Coll def. Gee
  • GWS def. WC

Is a good start.

Beat Gold Coast this weekend and then reassess. If we don’t beat them it’s season over

7 Likes

Don’t shatter my dreams man !

1 Like

BBB brought the ■■■■ in.

CANCEL YOUR SEPTEMBER PLANS.

3 Likes

[quote=“Vanders_18, post:928, topic:10975, full:true”]
Look I’m all lid off.
But deep deep down in side I know we are probably benefiting from a soft draw. We could easily be over achieving. Hard to tell.
We have a terrible record against sides in the 8. Geelong,Port and Melbourne. I don’t rate Port particular outside of Adelaide and the cats were in a massive form hole when we played them.
I think Sydney kicking straight, Adelaide,GWS, Geelong most days and look probably the bulldogs all still have us.
Our engine room is a 2 stroke mower up against some v8s.
[/quote]

So we’ve beaten half the top 8 teams. Lucky you’re all lid off or I’d really be worried.

2 Likes

Just looked…the Dogs are narrow favourites to beat Port this weekend.

We need 2 teams out of (Dogs Eagles Melbourne) to drop one game and we need to win both plus hammer the %
could have 3 teams miss the finals on 12 wins due to %.

Eagles play Giants and Crows. Giants and Crows both have incentive of the minor premiership.
Dees play Lions % and Pies %, Pies could cause an upset, but wouldnt want to be relying on it
Doggies play Port at Ballarat and Hawks at MCG, so will be barracking for Port, but if Dogs win might need to go for Hawks.

Possiblity Tigers and Geelong both fall out of top 4 into fifth and sixth so we get a home final.
AFL would probably send us to Geelong :), altho $$$$ MCG would be full of EFC fans.

If Dogs and Dees win both games then Fremantle game and eagles v crows game is irrelevant and we can give players farewell games.

If Dogs or Dees lose 1 game then the live ladder could be interesting on sunday Essendon vs Fremantle plus margin between Eagles and Crows.