So... should we mock those who wouldn't make plans for September?

there was a LOT of spotfires breaking out after that game, almost got into one myself.

Not as many as the carlton final a few years earlier but still a lot

If we were to end up playing Richmond in a final it will be a warzone

3 Likes

I still think there’s a high chance of us finishing 7th. Buckley doesn’t know if this will be his last game or not, for sure the Pies will come out firing.

I think Melbourne may drop this one. Leaving the door open for us to go higher.

And if we win, we can watch the Eagles game comfortably know that result won’t effect us.

Edited to save a double post - Jake Long upgraded to the senior list as an option if we make it deep into the finals.

1 Like

St Kilda will have to beat Richmond as well as Collingwood winning for us to play Richmond in the first final.

Quite possible.

5 Likes

Even if Pies win, Saints probably will be deflated though should we win before their game.

They’d know nothing to play for as their finals hopes would be done outside of absolutely pumping Richmond to gain a massive percentage boost to catch up to Melb… then again this is Richmond, capable of a collapse.

But it’s top4 they fighting for so can’t see it happening.

So I have to hope filth and dwarf burners win? Jeebus.

1 Like

Yes

1 Like

Rooeys last game for saints.

1 Like

well played from OP. I say that every time I ready it…

1 Like

So he got charged with assaulting the rail?

1 Like

A loss to a disinterested, weakened, and out of form Freo at Ethiad when there is so much to play for would be the most memorable Essington performance this century.

Shouldn’t happen, but wouldn’t be a surprise if it did.

1 Like

Within the first 5-10 minutes you can normally tell if the game if the boys are mentally on or not. I have no idea which Essendon will turn up so I’m very nervous

6 Likes

Yep

Heard some people behind me with some whispers that a dons fan belted a Roos fan. Turned out to be true as the news started reporting it.

A FOOTY fan was taken to hospital after being bashed at Saturday night’s AFL final between North Melbourne and Essendon.

Victoria Police has appealed for witnesses after the North Melbourne fan was assaulted by another spectator at the end of the MCG match.

It is believed the man suffered facial injuries after having his head rammed into a hand rail.

Victoria Police spokeswoman Sen Constable Melissa Seach said police were alerted to the incident by St John’s Ambulance staff who went to the man’s aid.

TRAINER KING HIT BY PLAYER AT SUBURBAN FOOTY GROUND

“It looks like there has been an assault and we are looking for witnesses,” she said.

“Around 10pm there was an assault, we’ve spoken to a witness and there will be an investigation.”

The man is believed to have been assaulted in the AFL Members Reserve.

MCC spokesman Shane Brown said it was being reviewed.

“We are aware of an incident that allegedly occurred towards the end of Saturday night’s match,” he said.

“However, as it is presently a Victoria Police investigation, we are unable to provide further comment at this time.”

Witnesses said they believed an Essendon supporter was responsible for the attack.

Spectator Ryan Reynolds took to social media to speak out about the incident.

“Worst assault I’ve ever seen at a sporting event,” he tweeted.

“North fan had head smashed into a hand rail by a Dons fan.’’

CCTV footage from the ground is expected to be reviewed as part of the investigation.

Essendon was eliminated from the finals by North Melbourne after leading for much of the match.

I didn’t enjoy 96. Just how the whole match transpired.

Then we lost wanganeen in the offseason.

1 Like

So did they ever catch this guy?

Nah. He’s still writing sensationalist $hit for the same newspaper.

12 Likes

Wasn’t that hard. He was collapsed next to a handrail.

16 Likes

Swish :clap:

Thursday night final? That Thursday would also be my first day back at work after a long period of leave. So I couldn’t even get hammered and take the next day off. Faaaaark that