So who will be acting Captain while Jobe is out?

Marc Murphy.

Give it to Fletch when he gets a bit more experience.

Fixed.

It will be Stanton which I think - although no travesty - is wrong.

I think it should Goddard though I wouldn't mind seeing Heppell. Would rather Dell though.

Adam McPhee

Sticks Gregory.

This exact same discussion occurred last year after Port game, it will be Stanton. Goddard and Stanton are the same as last year, why would it reverse, Heppell hasn't come along enough yet to be thought of as being right on the cusp and he's too young still, he's no Cameron White

Stanton gets it, not very exciting, moving on

This exact same discussion occurred last year after Port game, it will be Stanton. Goddard and Stanton are the same as last year, why would it reverse, Heppell hasn't come along enough yet to be thought of as being right on the cusp and he's too young still, he's no Cameron White
Stanton gets it, not very exciting, moving on

Well last year Goddard was only in his first year, so it would have been a bit wrong giving him the captaincy so soon.
Goddard has since won a B&F, so you can't say he hasn't demonstrated his value to the team, plus i can't remember which round we lost Watson last year but I think it was around the same time. Goddard is more like a bit of the furniture now rather than the new plaything.
So basically I don't think it will be as clear cut.
One advantage I think Stanton has is that the handover back to Jobe will be easier. Goddard might want to impose himself more on the team.
Having said that maybe that's why Goddard would make a better captain than Stants?

Is zacka even in the leadership group this year?

I’d let him toss the coin tho. Another string to his bow. And I’d alternate it the following weeks to Goddard and heppell and Stanton etc.

Patrick Dangerfield

Zach Merrett.

Shaun Mcmanus will lead us to the promised land. Did you know he’s related to Rove?

Stanton…

Its unimportant - No-one will notice who's the captain.

J Danihir.

Supported Essendon as an adult.

One of Hirds kids.

Skeeta.

Peter Costello.

Hal Hunter

I'm positive it will be Goddard.

I would like Zaka though as I think he needs the responsibility and with thrive on it.

Hal Hunter's beard