So who will be acting Captain while Jobe is out?

Goddard

Hurley

Stanton, He did great for the 4 weeks Jobe missed last year.

give it to myers, it'll be good experience.

Real question is who will be stand in stand in captain for Myers?

Beej or The Heater (in that order).

All the more reason for it to be Stanton now. If it was going to be 3-5 weeks then sure let someone else have it, but 10? Stanton for sure.

My only reservation with Stanton is that he appears to be a little reserved hence the references to him as Humphrey in the early years.  I'd like someone a little bit more vocal who commands attention and gets the team communicating and working as a unit.  Think that's where Goddard would be great,

Goddard is the genuine onfield leader, I don’t care what anyone else says.

I’m no Stanton basher, he’s a good player but to me he is not a genuine inspirational leader. He plays similarly to Marc Murphy, infact there isn’t much difference.

Hes obviously a hard trainer and doing something right by his team mates to be voted in as a vice captain by his peers but fk me from what I watch on the field everyweek he is not who I would have as the leader.

Match related stuff like team rev-ups, tossing the coin, on-field leadership etc: Stanton or Hocking. Though I would think Hocking would be a better rev up man than Stants...

Goddard and Heppell can do any extra press conferences/media work that Jobe was doing. They've proven they're quite capable at doing media and still playing well. 

IMO - as far as leaders go at EFC, there is Jobe - then there is a step down where there are 5 or 6 "almost ready" candidates, all of whom need to step up their leadership 10% over the next 12 weeks. This opportunity will benefit all of them greatly.

BTW - that's not a knock on those guys, or the club's leadership programs, just high praise for Jobe, who I think is by far the best all-round club captain in the league.

Chapskin

Got to be Goddard, he has leadership smarts. I know Stants did a reasonable job last year but I just think Goddard will have more of an influence with the players.

should be whoever the Vice captain is. Otherwise its not transparent or good governance. 

By the way Bomber spoke on 360 he basically said Dyson will be skipper

Stanton deserves it....

I think Stanton is the best choice, and I reckon Stanton is who they will choose.
Otherwise Goddard.
I don't think Heppel or Zaka are more worthy than those two.

I believe it's not about worthiness but more about the job description. I believe there would be no sour grapes from any of his team mates if D Hepp got the nod. 

By the way Bomber spoke on 360 he basically said Dyson will be skipper

I didn't read it that way at all. He was making the point that the other leaders need to lead more than they have been and he used Heppell as an example. I reckon based on what he said it's unlikely to be Heppell.
I hope I'm wrong because I want him to be the next captain and this is a perfect 'practice run' for him.

Goddard has licence to mouth off when he’s not captain. I can’t see how his role would change just because he’s given the official title.

Give it to Stanton, or, show some future sight and give it to Heppell.

Heppell is only 22, I know it’s temporary but it rarely works out well making such a young player captain. Trengrovey and cotchin come to mind. Especially since he will already be dealing with extra attention from taggers and extra responsibility in the midfield. Bj or stants.

What about a defender as a captain. Yes....Captain Hook.........er.

What about a defender as a captain. Yes....Captain Hook.........er.

Geez, he‘s only just managed to get a little bit of of credit here, and you want to throw him to the crocs?