So who's left?

@Humble_Minion, do you think McGrath is the sort of guy that could basically play a lockdown role on a quality mid from the opposition and still rack up 25 disposals himself?

Based on how well he stopped his opponents in defence and yet still averaged 20 disposals himself, I’m hoping he can do that.

I think what he adds to us defensively through midfield could be far more important than anything he does the other way.

2 Likes

I hadn’t thought of that, but it’s not a bad idea. Not sure if it’d work or not, but it’d certainly be worth a try.

Mind you, judging from last year the club is no more keen on tagging blokes than they are on drafting contested ball types, so we may never see it happen.

There did seem to be plenty of games where the coaches talked about having someone accountable for someone. I can’t remember the exact wording, but I sort of considered it a “light tag”.
Hopefully they give McGrath a few of those roles and he does it so well it’s like someone else doing a heavy tagging job.

agile, hard midfielders who work hard for the turnover then flick it around quickly have been the key to winning the past 2 grand finals.
Probably a plan devised in response to not having a JPK-sized midfield, but still, a winning plan’s a good one…

1 Like

Thanks HM

Heres a list of kids that didnt get picked up at the draft. Cassidy looked to be well in contention. Pretty sure we had an interest in Schloithe as well. Plenty of mids to choose with our rookie pick

I like Answerth.
Also - Hind in the picture?
I want a Bags successor.

I heard that guy at #60 was phenomenal.

4 Likes

Surely with such a small rookie list featuring no mids at all, we are going to pick up an experienced state leaguer that plays in the guts or on a wing.

I hope the very best inside mid in all of the state leagues, Weribee’s Matt Hanson, gets a gig. I am also a big fan of Brett Bewely, who has the best kick on him!

Haiden Shloithe is another option and Jye Bolton continues to make a claim for a second opportunity. Hind and Nash can also play.

If talls are still in the picture, I really hope we get Boyce. I’m not sure he’ll make it but I am sure he will do everything possible to get the best out of himself. I love watching him play.

1 Like

I also heard that he could create a Styles clash with the other players being considered.

I like the sound of Gordon Narrier.

4 Likes

He’d love our Air Raid siren.

Bombers, get ready to fly…

Highly doubt Bolton gets picked up

IMG_5555

10 Likes

Haha heard he has aspirations for more midfield time… could he be the big body we need?

“ok Stewie now suck in that gut and tense as hard as you can”

So do we really only have one pick in the rookie draft? I thought we would have 2. Same amount on senior list with 2 spare rookie spots?

It seems we have moved McNeice to the main rookie list. Meaning 1 rookie pick.

1 Like

McNiece is still a rookie B listed player.
According to draft guru, we should have two rookie picks(should we choose to use them).
https://www.draftguru.com.au/lists/2018